PDA

View Full Version : White(ish) leather? best way to keep it clean??

imported_BluHeaven
09-15-2003, 07:53 PM
My leather is `vanilla` which is a very very very light cream, almost white! Its a daily driver so it accumulates alot of dirt and grime.

I`ve used leatherique and its great for once or twice a year.... but its just way too expensive for me to use frequently!!

I`ve been using 1Z cockpit premium which I love on the dash etc... but on the `white` leather it still does not get all the dirt, even when used with a horse hair brush... down in the leather grain etc is still dirty brown!

I ordered a pack of Griots leather care wipes (the travel 20pk) to try out and when I scrubbed the leather really hard with one I got alot of brown/black dirt on the wipe... but it seemed to spread it around more than pick it up as the wipe dried out quickly.

Now I`m thinking of ordering a bottle of their interior cleaner as I hear it works great for cleaning leather?

Would it work well to clean the leather every other week with the Griots interior cleaner to keep the dirt off, once a month with the leather care wipes to keep the leather nurished and once a year with the leatherique?

Is that too much cleaning or treating?? I want to keep my leather looking brand new... which I know I`ve made it hard for myself with my color choice lol...

thanks!

GoodnClean
09-15-2003, 08:12 PM
Have you tried Scottwax`s Woolite solution dilluted 6:1? I have a white leather couch in my living room, and we had a window seal bust out during a real hard rain and it splattered dark brown dirty water all over the back and top of that white leather sofa. It was dry before I noticed it. The Woolite cleaner sprayed on, spread around by hand, allowed to sit and scrubbed down with a damp cloth removed everything, I thought the sofa was ruined.

Definately worth a shot.

That sofa is coated leather however I believe, but I also have some brown sofas in the den that are higher quality uncoated, and I`ve heard the leather in the TT is uncoated as well and the Woolite works well on them also.

SergC
09-15-2003, 09:27 PM
BluHeaven,

Be careful with Griot`s Interior cleaner in full strengh, as it might take the dye right off,dilute it 50/50 with water.

For an inexpensive cleaner I would recommend a Lexol cleaner ( not a conditioner )

Regards,

Serg

imported_BluHeaven
09-15-2003, 10:04 PM
hmmmm..

ok does anyone have an opinion on the new eagle one cleaner and conditioners??? I wonder if the exotic stuff is really neccesary... the EO stuff claims to not remove dye or damage leather and the conditioner has lanolin, neatsfoot oil and mink oil which sound good.... It would be nice to swap to something I could buy locally..... !

SergC
09-15-2003, 10:11 PM
You can buy a Lexol locally...$5-7

EO is good choice.Bretfraz is big fan of EO...PM him

Accumulator
09-16-2003, 11:38 AM
BluHeaven- I use Griot`s Interior Cleaner on my Audis` leather and it`s never caused a problem, even full-strength. If you like the Griot`s "wipes", you might consider their Interior Cleaner ones.