PDA

View Full Version : glazing/waxing in one step?

NXT4now
09-15-2003, 01:41 PM
not getting lazy but sometime there is no enough time to do the two process separately...I want the shiny look of the glaze and the protection of the wax, can I just combine Meguiar`s deep crystal step 2 polish and step 3 wax together and buff away? Or should I just forget glazing and just buy a better wax with shine like Meguiar`s Gold Class wax? Thanks for your input...

hondaguy2582
09-15-2003, 04:06 PM
why not try #81 hand polish and #26 liquid wax or deep crystal #3 for a deep shine. #81 is much easier than #7 and deep crystal #2 because its just oils. I wouldn`t skip the glazing on a dark car, however, i would on a light car because it doesn`t really make a dang difference on say silver or white with a glaze.

Scottwax
09-15-2003, 06:11 PM
Clearkote`s Vanilla Moose is a glaze that does contain wax and durability is comparable to a carnuba wax, about 6-12 weeks depending on weather and other conditions like industrail fallout and acid rain.

Car Polishes Final Polish is a polymer that contains a very light polish that works well on both dark and light colors and it definitely is durable. I used it on a Chevy Tahoe almost 6 months ago now and it is still beading nicely...in fact, so well, I can`t convince him it is about time to wax it again.

NXT4now
09-16-2003, 02:03 PM
Thank you both for the advice... I have to finish up what I have before I can spend any more money on the `good stuffs`...sigh...wish I joined Autopia earlier and discovered all the goodies here...