PDA

View Full Version : Car is getting repainted, need help

TI II
09-14-2003, 09:02 PM
In a month or so i`m getting my 95 Legend Coupe repainted. It`s suffered Miami heat for 2 years and the car has som oxidation and hood chips and such.

Well I know you are supposed to wait at least a month before you wash/wax the car but since i`ll be starting on a new canvas I wanted to know what I should use to start off fresh. I really dont have experience using orbital or rotary buffers so everything will be applied by hand. (I dont want to pratice on a freshly painted car):D

I`m really looking for a producd with a durable finish and have a mirror shine with that deep rich wet look.

Any suggestions?:cool:

BTW, the car is Milano Red

BradE
09-14-2003, 09:06 PM
You can wash the car right away, and as often as you want. You just can`t wax/seal it. Talk with the person who painted your car to determine how long you need to wait.

tguil
09-14-2003, 09:09 PM
Make sure that you have an excellent paint job first. Then ask for advice based on what your car looks like. The shop will probably suggest that you not do anything with it for sixty to ninety days. Different paints require different procedures. It`s usually safe to apply Mequir`s #7 immediately after a fresh paint job if you want it to shine. You`ll have to wait for the rest.

Tom

Classy Detail
09-14-2003, 10:10 PM
Try the Klasse Twins. You see the big difference before and after.

LouisanaJeeper
09-15-2003, 08:50 AM
Klasse or Zaino