PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Question: Meguiar`s Waxes

Inzane
09-14-2003, 04:50 PM
Can someone explain the similarities and differences between four different Meguiar`s waxes that are readily available:

Meguiar`s Cleaner Wax (maroon bottle)

Meguiar`s Deep Crystal Step 3 wax (maroon bottle)

Meguiar`s Gold Class Wax (black bottle)

Meguiar`s #26 (beige bottle)

Thanks.

Beason
09-14-2003, 05:18 PM
Cleaner Wax - cleans the paint and adds some protection but very little

Step 3 Wax- Only wax no cleaning of paint, must use steps 1 and 2 before or products like it to get the paint clean.

Gold Class Wax - Good all around wax, some cleaning ability, good durabilty

#26 Hi-Tech Yellow Wax- No cleaning properties simply a good wax for shine, must clean the paint before.

imported_Greg
09-14-2003, 07:58 PM
I would disagree a little bit with beason.

Cleaner wax- good durability and cleans the paint in one step

Step 3- I assume its a non cleaner wax, but have never used it

Gold Class- very good shine, terrible durability, light cleaners

#26- pure wax

JustinR32
09-14-2003, 09:02 PM
Step 3 and liquid #26 are going to be very close. Cleaner wax is all the steps at once, in the same bottle. Gold Class is a wax/poly hybrid that has mild cleaning action. It can be used as a replacement for step 3 or as a stand alone cleaner wax (if you are the kind of person who waxes over swirl marks).

There are also #6 (brown bottle, cleaner wax), #16 (blue can, older formula "heavy" wax with no cleaning action), #26 paste (black can, "pure" wax with no cleaning action), and Medallion Premium Paint Protection (newest formula "pure"wax with a polymer`s durability, no cleaning action I think but I`m not sure). AND there`s one called a "Quik Detailer" cleaner wax that`s for dealer use in cleanup and recon departments, it comes in 1, 5, and 55 gal sizes.

LOL, you ain`t the only one confused, friend!

The best place to ask Meguiar`s questions is at Show Car Garage (http://www.showcargarage.com/forum/) . Mike works there and contributes here. He`s very friendly and knowledgeable.

Tom

vprdak
03-22-2004, 12:38 PM
Would it be benificial to top cleaner wax with Gold Class. You know cleaner wax to clean the swirls and such up and Gold Class for shine??

gav'spurplez
03-22-2004, 01:10 PM
I have been using meguiars for a while now. on my car and on my parents cars and so on. I use scratch x, then the maroon bottled # 2 polish or show car glaze, then gold class wax. This usually creates a killer shine. :xyxthumbs

imported_mirrorfinishman
03-22-2004, 01:47 PM
The first three are considered Consumer Products and the #26 is one of their Professional Products. For more information you could stop by the Meguiar`s sitemap at: http://www.meguiars.com/sitemap/

Consumer Products:

Meguiar`s Cleaner Wax (maroon bottle)

Meguiar`s Deep Crystal Step 3 wax (maroon bottle)

Meguiar`s Gold Class Wax (black bottle)

Professional Product:

Meguiar`s #26 (beige bottle)

I hope this helps...

luke667
03-22-2004, 03:17 PM
can u top the Gold Class wax with thr #26?