PDA

View Full Version : Can`t get Windows Lint Free

pingable
09-14-2003, 03:15 PM
Don`t ya hate when you can`t get your windoes lint free. I soaked my MF`s twice in hot water/vinegar followed by pleanty of rinses afterwards. Apparently, it still didn`t get them them clean as it still Lints !!

I guess I`m going to have to resort back to newpaper but oh so messy...

Any tips of the exterior glass. It looks damm good but when I was wiping it down, when it was wet, I could see the edges of where the windshield wiper ends on the side edge of the windshield. It was like a somewhat haze but I only saw it when the windshield was wet. I think this may be the Aquapel though.

YoSteve
09-14-2003, 03:38 PM
sounds like your microfiber might need replacing

kbshadow
09-14-2003, 03:57 PM
Try claybar on them.

Bob

Stockton Ca

Accumulator
09-14-2003, 04:08 PM
If you used a YoSteve MF you wouldn`t have lint :D Steve wasn`t gonna say that, but I will. I use (usually the the non-plush side of) his MF`s with great results.

Some "issues" on the glass are, I believe, caused by interaction between substances (exterior example: rubber wiper blades, interior example: suction cup-mounted devices) that touch the glass long enough to react with the compounds now used in today`s automotive glass. Just didn`t seem to happen back in the days before "modern" automotive glass. If a glass polish doesn`t get it out, then it`s just "in there". And yes, claybars are great for auto glass :xyxthumbs

shep01
09-14-2003, 06:12 PM
i am totally OC with the glass - just really bothers me that the poly MF`s lint - some worse than others but they all seem to lint sooner or later. I was referred to Leo and his towels a ways back. I finally tried them on the glass about 6 months ago. totally amazing product. they are cotton/cellulose blend and looped to resemble terry cloth. They create an incredible amount of friction on the glass and leasve absolutely no lint. when they are new, they have errant strands of fiber - these go away after 4-5 wasjings. the strands are not lint and fall off anyway so i don`t pay attention to them. i have gone exclusively to these towels for all applications and they get betterwith age. i even dry the entire x-5 with one large towel - no problem. try them on the glass! great towels (http://www.dftowel.com./)

mlebarron
09-14-2003, 06:35 PM
What about newspaper? I`ve used it for a long time on my glass... you have to make sure that it`s damp, or it can scratch, depending on the glass... but always leave a streak-free/lint-free shine on my windows

Alex Creasey
09-15-2003, 04:55 AM
To get any fibres off the windows, trim etc, I`ve always used a feather duster, soft enough that it won`t leave any marks but gets any little fibres out the way. May sound silly but has always worked for me :).

Cheers.

Horseman2475
09-15-2003, 04:39 PM
I use an Absorber on glass.

mlebarron
09-15-2003, 04:58 PM
yeah, it`s overkill... but you can use a leaf blower as well... I use one to initially dry my car, makes going over it with a towel much faster, and easier

Jesstzn
09-18-2003, 10:29 PM
I use the cheap Turtle Wax M/F towels for the windows on the inside .. Windex / paper towel for the enitial cleaning then once dry a dry MF .. after that all I ever use is a wet paper towel then wipe off with the MF. These MF aren`t good for much else.

SVR
09-19-2003, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Alex Creasey

To get any fibres off the windows, trim etc, I`ve always used a feather duster, soft enough that it won`t leave any marks but gets any little fibres out the way. May sound silly but has always worked for me :).

Cheers.

What about a 3M Lint Roller. On the car interior i mean.

I don`t have any trouble with my flannelette cloth to clean the windows and terry towel to finish the job. Takes me about 30 seconds for each window (inside and out). 4 - 5 side to side strokes and your done.

best advice i can give is don`t use the wipers. Rain X or 3M Quick detailer on the windscreen will allow you to never need the wipers again.

sog7172
10-05-2003, 05:21 PM
DITTO ON THE NEWSPAPER

Metajames
10-05-2003, 05:57 PM
I use Viper micro towel for windows.I got it at proper auto care.com