PDA

View Full Version : This is the car & This is what I have?

athlon
09-13-2003, 10:12 PM
This is the car I have, it has many stone chips on the hood, the paintwork is OK. I am a complete Newb, this is what I purchased.

Meguiars Soft wash gel

Meguiars Scratch X

Meguiars Cleaner Wax

The shine is not deep, or wet look. The wax I think also left a white haze in all the scratches, even after 2 months of washing etc. I can rub the haze off, but a few days later I wash the car and the haze (white) in the scratches is back.

What products should I use. I may even buy a Orb sander and give it a go.

PS: What should I clean my dash with etc, I use a meguiars product atm and it shines to much and is to oily.

Thanks.

Great site.

Scottwax
09-14-2003, 12:50 AM
First things first. You need to remove the pole sticking out of your roof!

:lol

Without actually seeing your paint, it is hard to say exactly what you need to use, but I`d move up to Meguiars Mirror Glaze line of products. If you are relatively new to detailing, I`d recommend going through the autopia university and the main detailing forum, using the search function using key works like `scratch removal` `wettest shine` or other phrases of interest to you and see what threads come up. I`d also suggest downloading the Autopia e-book.

Once you do a search and read the e-book, you will have gained a lot of knowledge and then you can refine your questions with a more narrow focus.

BTW, do you have any pictures of the scratches you are talking about?

imported_Aurora40
09-14-2003, 07:50 AM
Did you mean to imply you want to fix your car with basically the products you already have? In that case, the order`s pretty easy (you only have three things):

-Wash the car with the car wash

-Use Scratch-X on the scratches

-Wax the car with the cleaner/wax

Are you using Gold Class Rubber & Vinyl Protectant on the interior? It is shiny and greasy. #40 is a lot better. Meg`s Natural Shine might be better too, but I`ve never used it.

Oftentimes scratches are white. This may be the case with yours. Pictures would help.