PDA

View Full Version : New member. Info overload.

Ultra Quiet
09-13-2003, 07:41 PM
Well I`d never though I`d say it but I have too much info. You guys have completely overloaded me so that I do not even know where to start. I`m not proud, I`ll ask stupid questions.

I just bought (for the wife) an `03 Inferno Red PT Cruiser, GT, leather. It will have the factory flames on it (vinyl I guess). I want to preserve/make look good the paint, leather etc. I`ve already ordered http://microfibertech.com/superPack.html (this) and I`m thinking of ordering this (http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=ZKIT-1&Category_Code=Zaino) and I`m also thinking of ordering Z-9 and 10 for the leather.

303 for the vinyl. Am I on the right track? Will this be OK on the flames. Will it stain the black rubber and vinyl trim?

The other questions I have pertain to application and upkeep.

Like I said you guys have overloaded me. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

LouisanaJeeper
09-13-2003, 08:16 PM
sounds good!

The Zaino is great and will be fine on the decals.

chris0626
09-13-2003, 08:45 PM
Yes, I think you`re on the right track. Maybe this will help you get some greater clarity: Click on the "Learn" icon at the top of the page and read David`s basic articles. Then buy the Autopia Guide to Detailing (available from the home page). Then you might just want to read thru the Autopia Univ forum.

But .. yeah ... Zaino should do ya fine. :up And it won`t stain trim.

Also, you`ll want to master your washing technique: lots of good suds (I love Zaino wash, but others have good experience with other products), 2-bucket method, avoid anything remotely like "scrubbing." Then dry gently with a waffleweave.

There`s lots more to talk about. Maybe after you read the articles, you can refine your questions.

Ultra Quiet
09-14-2003, 07:39 PM
Thanks

mlebarron
09-14-2003, 09:51 PM
:welcome to Autopia! :bounce

(I just like the bouncing one :) )

I`m with you on the information overload... I experienced the same. I would suggest going with whatever you have (which is a good combo). See how you like it... then go back a few weeks later and try something else (if you want to experiment and try different things)... too many products at once is what caused most of my confusion :)

Good luck... and when you`re done see if you can get some pics of your results :xyxthumbs