PDA

View Full Version : Would this combo work on a boat?

CarGlow
08-31-2004, 09:08 PM
Going to detail a friend`s boat. I was thinking of using PB`s Pro Polish w/ my PC, then top with Collinite paste wax.

Sounds good? Any other suggestions?

rollman
08-31-2004, 09:25 PM
I don`t know much about Collinite paste wax but PB PP is great on boats . Also PPC is a good one step product . It has carnuba in it already .

CarGlow
08-31-2004, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by rollman
Also PPC is a good one step product . It has carnuba in it already .

Thanks for the info.

Did you mean PwC?

probegt
08-31-2004, 09:33 PM
I would look into Meguiars Marine Line. I would also think ProPolish or AIO would do great to with any wax afterwards.

Where ya located in LA.

rollman
08-31-2004, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by CarGlow
Thanks for the info.

Did you mean PwC?

Yes Polish With Carnuba

CarGlow
08-31-2004, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by probegt
Where ya located in LA.

Nawlins:band

CharlesW
08-31-2004, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by probegt
I would look into Meguiars Marine Line.
This might not be a bad idea. Then I would have some idea if I should do the same.:D
For the past two seasons I have used Klasse AIO with 4 Star UPP over it. Same combo I use on my minivan. Seems to work alright, but the boat is in a lift anytime we aren`t using it so It doesn`t get the abuse that some do. Prior to the AIO/UPP combo, I used Meguiar`s Medallion for a lot of years.
Unfortunately, any pictures I have are really not very good.

CharlesW
08-31-2004, 10:31 PM
Meguiar`s does have a dedicated oxidation remover and a "Flagship" marine sealant that might be worth checking into.
:dunno
Charles

Marine Flagship
* Dramatically enriches color and shine
* Adds tough, long-lasting protection
* Removes light oxidation and dullness
* Protects gelcoat from UV damage

M-6316 ....................16 oz. (473 ml) $21.98

mobile mike
09-01-2004, 01:24 AM
i did alot of testing back in 1985 for wolfgang at klasse on 200 mph drag boats and offshore boats I can tell you that NOTHING came close to the KLASSE you may need to polish the boat with a compound first but go over it with the AIO and then the klasse glaze if they still have it.

clean4u
09-01-2004, 06:45 AM
You might want to check out 3M products also

Nickc0844
09-02-2004, 10:13 AM
I personally think you need more of a cleaning step in there. I don`t think your going to get that much more protection using PwC then Collinite afterwards. I would suggest using a good paint cleaner and/or mild abrasive first, then doing a protection step.

G35stilez
09-02-2004, 02:22 PM
You can get pretty abrasive with boats.

Most pro boat detailers attack with compound and a wool pad on a rotary. The gelcoat can definatley handle heat better than paint.

I`ve only done 3 boats, but each one needed DACP and a cutting pad on the rotary. One coulda used a bit more, but I didn`t have anything more abrasive.

I would also top with a sealant since Salt will eat wax away quickly. EX-P comes to mind :)