PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of getting some PoorBoys

Pages : [1] 2

Berrier
09-13-2003, 10:06 AM
Hi all I am new to here but I have a question PoorBoys Products. I been lurking over at another site and this stuff seems to be like gold and then I find this stuff and cant find much out about it.

Is this stuff very good stuff thats not known or is it highly overated? I know I posted a question like this over at another site and I got bombed with PM`s from several people that this is the best thing since sunshine. Well I am just kinda confused on this. One site is all about these products and then another hardly anything. Was wandering what gives. Here is what I was thinking of getting:

SSR2

Pro Polish

EX

Deanski
09-13-2003, 10:19 AM
Well, I tried the EX and was not impressed. It is a carnuba/resin mix and it is supposed to last longer than standard wax. Didn`t for me, but that`s my opinion.

I feel there are better combo`s out there, depending on how and what you want.

For wax, P21S/S100 or a killer wax combo (see Scottwax pics) VM and new Carnuba Moose. Also, Souveran on dark cars.

For sealants: Zaino, Klasse, Megs #20, UPP, all work very well.

I currently use Zaino on my Lexus SC430 and here are some pics on the results.

Back of SC430 (http://www.autopia.org/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=3702&papass=&sort=1)

Full side view (http://www.autopia.org/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=3697&papass=&sort=1)

"Dr Shine" (http://www.autopia.org/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=3696&papass=&sort=1)

Scottwax pics on VM/Moose combo: Scottwax pics (http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27893)

Enjoy the pics!

Regards,

Deanski

andriver
09-13-2003, 10:28 AM
I am using EX on my Pewter Jeep. I like the depth and shine of this product. Although I have only used EX for about a month, I am happy with the way it looks. I plan on topping EX with S100.

Berrier
09-13-2003, 10:34 AM
I am currently using Megs #7 topped with Trade Secret Paste Wax but was looking into a sealent for winter thats why I was looking at the EX.

I dont mine waxing and I like the depth and shine of a glaze/carnuba combo but in the winter I am gonna need some more protection so I am thinking of a sealent.

GoodnClean
09-13-2003, 10:35 AM
I think if you run a search on the boards here you`ll see theres more overwhelming positive regard for this product than negative.

I used Zaino for years and have switched to Poorboys EX and I`ll never go back. I`ve found its just as durable as Zaino, and gives a much wetter deeper shine. Its also a lot more forgiving than Zaino in that its easier to apply, and hides some imperfections where Zaino would magnify them. For instance, with Zaino you have to make damn sure the surface is perfect, no oils or fillers or it wont bond, Poorboys isn`t quite as picky. I have never used Klasse but have heard similar things, difficulty in applying and removal, very dependent on surface quality and weather. I`d say Poorboys is definately an "Everyman" sealant whereas Zaino and Klasse take some expertise to use properly.

I have three coats on my Lexus and found that the look of the product really came with the second coat. The first coat was unimpressive, but by the second or third coat the product really made the paint look fantastic. The look is also dependent on how long you leave the product on, I learned its gotta be on there for at least an hour before you buff it off for it to look its best.

I have one coat on my Explorer, I put it on the car back in May and it is definately still around giving protection, after a long summer of weeks at the beach, lots of dirt and automatic carwashes.

I`m very happy with it.

I put one coat

Berrier
09-13-2003, 10:40 AM
Wow your getting some great protection. I read somewhere on here where a person said it didnt last 3 days. Now I am very confused on this product.

corvettez
09-13-2003, 10:44 AM
I like Ex over AIO and then topped with S100, three apps of the Ex looks great by itself as well.

I`ve tried a few other Poorboys products and will buy them again and there`s other good stuff out there too, VM is next on my "products to try list".

imported_memnuts
09-13-2003, 10:52 AM
I used both Poorboy`s EX and Zaino. Both are excellent products. Both will give you 6- 8 weeks of protection without problems. If you want longer protection during the winter months Zaino would probably be your choice if you are one who wont or can`t detail during this time period.

Appearance wish I love both and would not feel a great loss if I was forced to use just one.

In terms of ease of usage ( drying, hiding surface blemishes, buffing) EX is hard to beat.

Z28 "garage queen" - Zaino

LS400 daily driven - EX

There are no "best" products out there. Just some very good ones.

:wavey

rleven
09-13-2003, 11:46 AM
EX Pro Polish and EX ROCK! Get some of their QD+ while you have Steve on the phone. The product is just dxamn good!

Bob

Berrier
09-13-2003, 12:20 PM
I have used his QD+ in the past and it was very good stuff but I like my One Grand Show Off QD a little better and to me its easier to use too.

vmunoz
09-13-2003, 12:33 PM
I haven`t used any of the polishes, but I`ve been using the EX sealant since April. I was putting a layer of Trade Secret wax on top, but since I ran out of that I only use 2 layers of EX alone. It gives a nice glow to my black finish. I want to put a coat of Clearkote`s carnuba on it soon just to see how that would come out. Overall I`ve been pleased with the product as it looks good and is easy to apply. You`ll find Poorboy`s service is excellent. Other products I`ve been happy with are the Bold`N`Bright for tires and Natural Look for interiors.

V...

imported_Aurora40
09-13-2003, 01:30 PM
I second Natural Look. It`s my fav on interiors and on tires. Great natural look and a nice smell. :)

I also second doing a search (I think someone said that). There`s a lot of feedback on Poorboys here to read. :wavey

Berrier
09-13-2003, 01:33 PM
Thanks guys. I think I will try some of this EX.

Is it a pure sealent like Klasse and Zaino?

imported_memnuts
09-13-2003, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by RottenDog

Thanks guys. I think I will try some of this EX.

Is it a pure sealent like Klasse and Zaino?

No!! It is not a polymer type sealant. It is a combination of resins and carnauba wax

Berrier
09-13-2003, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by blkZ28Conv

No!! It is not a polymer type sealant. It is a combination of resins and carnauba wax

So basically your not looking a much more as far as longevity than glaze topped with a Carnuba?