PDA

View Full Version : 2.5 Questions

ACE
08-31-2004, 05:32 PM
Yo, Steve! I just ordered some 2 from PAC and they sent 2.5 by mistake. I`ve never used anything stronger than 1 and I needed a bit more bite. Should I bother to exchange it, or is 2.5 the shiz? Using with a PC with Griots orange pads or Megs white polishing pads. Can I go right from 2.5 to sealer? Thanks.

Poorboy
08-31-2004, 05:35 PM
you got a better swirl remover with 2.5 ..I`d use the white pad and use it at 5- 5.5 ..if you use it right you can go straight to the sealer:)

Ace Of Spades
08-31-2004, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Poorboy
you got a better swirl remover with 2.5 ..I`d use the white pad and use it at 5- 5.5 ..if you use it right you can go straight to the sealer:)

:yeah

If you break the 2.5 down all the way (ie. dusting, product nearly gone) you get the polishing effect. I go from 2.5 to a sealant all the time. However, I usually use a rotary polisher with 2.5 and that makes it a lot easier to break down. It can be done with a PC, just be prepared to spend some time working the product.

Hope this helps.

ACE
08-31-2004, 07:44 PM
Thanks - I think i`ll just start with a soft pad and see what happens. I definitely needed some cut so I think this is a blessing in disguise. Looking forward to trying it out.