PDA

View Full Version : How`s the Meg`s Final Detail Holding Up?

Pages : [1] 2

rd_volvo
09-12-2003, 09:56 PM
I know a few Autopians have discovered FD # 51 in the past few months and really like it.

I may go to my local auto paint supply shop and order a Gal. but I just want to see if you feel it blows away FI. Don`t want to have gallon sitting around if I don`t like it.

I`m looking for slickness mostly. I like when my QDing towel glides

on the paint with little effort. FI does this somewhat.

thx

rd

Bill D
09-12-2003, 09:57 PM
I`m wondering the same as well as, if FD is ok for use on Klasse SG

imported_Aurora40
09-12-2003, 10:25 PM
I use it on Blackfire, on the Klasse on my wife`s car, and soon on my Zaino. I personally love it. I don`t think it is really #51, though. It`s a Detailer line product. I mean, it has a product number, but I`d imagine some of the Detailer numbers might overlap the Mirror Glaze stuff. I dunno... :)

rd_volvo
09-15-2003, 10:43 PM
Called Meg`s tech support this morning and talked to a nice rep.

He said they use D-51 Final Detail on their cars when they do shows. More shine and slickness than FI. This is due to the silicones but he said the small amount of silicone won`t hurt your wax job or paintwerk.

So I ordered a gallon jug from local auto paint supply house. Will arrive Wed for $18.

Will post opinion.

rd

MBZ 500E
09-17-2003, 01:30 PM
My friends are calling me a drug dealer because I pushed them into trying Final Detail and now they`re hooked! At our last GTG I started laughing when I saw a spray bottle of FD in nearly everyones trunk with the MF sitting next to it.:D

I`ve used it on top of S100 and Gold Class with great results, I will comment that S100 Carnauba doesn`t apply well over Final Detail and you will need to use a polish before application of the wax. (BTW that last comment does say something about the nature of FD, it is extremely slick and prevents bugs, dirt and grime from really sticking to the surface.) It also enhance shine.

For over a year now I`ve also used it to clean my engine, door jambs and wheels......still love it.:xyxthumbs

George Wax
09-17-2003, 01:39 PM
In my opinion Final Detailer is the best QD on the market..Really make`s the shine pop in your face.. Make sure you are using a micro-fiber wipe with this product..Because it can streak on you..

rd_volvo
09-17-2003, 03:50 PM
OK,

FDed today and have to say it`s slick, has pop, and what a shine.

Looks like someone poured molten glass on my hood. On top of Collinite and S100 it`s unreal.

Glazed a # 7 today and did a Collinite on top. Tomorrow will S100. Can`t wait till my # 7 - Collinite - S100 cooks in three days

to see what this foursome looks like.

Only drawback right now like George specified, Final Detail will streak if used with a terry towel. Also it super streaks/marrs [ almost the way a glaze marrs when you apply it ] if the paintwork is a little warm due to direct or indirect sunlight. I do not think you can do a quicky in the hot sun with this QD but who cares with that pop.

The glimmer looks similar to when you are out fishing and sun dances on the water blinding you.

rd

vmunoz
09-17-2003, 04:05 PM
I`ve had Final Detailer for over about a month now and I`m really enjoying the look it gives my car and recently started to use on others cars. I can`t list every single QD I`ve used since joining Autopia (too many) but as far as the looks it leaves on my car it does seem to be the best I`ve used so far. Plus it`s a very good price per gallon.

To me, FD has about the same slickness as Final Inspection only it adds alot more gloss than FI. But if you are looking only for "slickness", I think the Clearkote Quickshine would be your best bet. Also I`ve used the FD over Pooboy`s EX, Blitz wax and #26 with no problems. I was hesitant to buy a whole gallon at first but so far FD has worked well for me. :xyxthumbs

V...

MStig
09-19-2003, 12:20 PM
Where can you buy FD? I don`t see it on Meg`s website.

frankie
09-19-2003, 01:20 PM
megs fd is THE BEST on the market quik shine is WAY overpriced, you can buy 2 gallons of final detail for 1 of clearkote

besides i think it makes the finish very slick, but when you detail people look at your car and will notice the gloss, depth, shine etc, not how slick the car is to the touch

Green Monster
09-19-2003, 01:46 PM
I love the stuff!! :bigups

I used EO Wipe N Shine for over 10 years and swear I would never switch. But Mike from Meguiars got me turned on to this stuff and I have never looked back. Better shine and slickness than anything I have used before. Also the easiest quick detailer I have ever used. Smells good too. :D

You can get it online here Final Detail (http://www.premiumautocare.com/medefide.html) at Premium Auto Care.

Meguiar`s Final Detail :xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs

raugusta
09-19-2003, 03:58 PM
I have a gallon of FD, and I think it`s a little bit too much for me. I really like it, I think it`s the best qd I`ve ever used, but 1 gallon is just way too much to use on 1 car.

If anyone is interested in trade i will give 1 bottle (16 oz) of FD in exchange for other detailing products. I`d like to try Zaino, EX, or whatever you want to send to me.....Drop me an IM...

Jesstzn
09-19-2003, 04:33 PM
Does FD #51 come in a smaller bottle than a Gallon? Up here in CanuckLand a gallon would be $50

rd_volvo
09-20-2003, 08:34 PM
How are you guys rubbing in your FD?

Terries

MF`s [ if so what brand of mf`s ]

rd

vmunoz
09-20-2003, 09:41 PM
I use TW microfiber towels from Pep Boys & Autozone. Spray, wipe and turn towel for final buff. 1 or 2 sprays per panel.

V...