PDA

View Full Version : Best Finish available

gez
09-12-2003, 09:16 PM
Hi guys,

This is my 1st post on this board and can i say how great and informative it is. We dont have anything like this in the UK.

I just recently bought a Nissan Skyline GTR from Japan. The car is awsome but i REALLY REALLY want it to shine. I have tried the Meguiars clay, Step 2 polish and GC wax. The finish was ultra smooth and it did shine for about 5 days. Now i really want a deep shinewhich really glows. Does anyone have any advice on a different product to use?? I really dont mind taking a long time to do the car as i only gets driven on the weekends.

Ive heard that P21s cleaner fluid followed by Klasse Glaze sealer and P21s carnauba wax is great especially if its layered. Is this good??? Can i get better??

Thanks

Gerry

http://uk.f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gconstantatos/vwp?.dir=/My+Photos&.dnm=Sky1.jpg&.view=t

Deanski
09-12-2003, 09:22 PM
That combo is a great one! The Klasse AIO and SG will protect the finish well, then topping it just deepens the effect.

Go with it!

I mostly use Zaino, another sealant, but Klasse will be easy to obtain where you are than ordering Zaino.

Look through some of the member gallery, and if one is really catching your eye, "PM" the person and they may respond as to what they used.

Regards/cheers,

Deanski

F1Crazy
09-12-2003, 10:55 PM
Great, shiny finish is the result of paint preparation technique, not the product used.

First try to get rid of all paint imperfections like scratches, swirls, micromarring, this can be done with proper polishing. Polishing will also increase the shine. Waxes are mostly for protection and are just look enhancers IMO.

You`re going to have a hard time getting some of the products mentioned here since you`re in UK but you can try searching for Autoglym and Einszett (1Z), I`ve seen great results with these brands.

BTW, very nice car!!! :xyxthumbs

gez
09-13-2003, 03:48 AM
Thanks for all the help guys! I suppose the best thing to do is TRY IT AND SEE!

F1 Crazy, its true that we hardly get any of the stuff you get over in the US. Meguiars has been around for a while which is really the best product on the market. Autoglym is not that good. Its an all in one procuct which i dont really like. From the looks of things im just going to make a big order at Propper Autocare and stock up.

Many thanks

Gerry

fisher
09-13-2003, 10:09 AM
good luck on getting the finish look you want!! oh yah that is a very hot car love it

Grizzy78
09-13-2003, 10:56 PM
You are one lucky Bastid!:bow :xyxthumbs

Myles
09-14-2003, 02:28 AM
that is a very good combination and that is a very good car.

here a tip i have, for that colour blue i use mothers california gold carauba wax then top with s100/p12s. Great on bluemate. Of course if you cant get the stuff in the UK, you can always order it from Australia and the with dollar to pound conversion you should be laughing.

MSG me if you want to.

Ciao,

Myles

gez
09-14-2003, 06:27 AM
Thanks for all the help and kind words guys! Will have to try out all the combinations and see which one gives best results. Will post some pictures when its done.

Cheers

Gerry

Pats300zx
09-14-2003, 06:50 AM
I just recently bought a Nissan Skyline GTR from Japan

Congrats on your purchase. Awesome car....:xyxthumbs

gez
09-14-2003, 06:58 AM
Hi PAt,

They are brilliant cars and congratulations on yr purchase. Who did you use in Japan to buy the car? Is it hard to get the car type approved for US roads?

Regards

Gerry

Lowejackson
09-14-2003, 02:08 PM
Dont be so hard on Autoglym - a good range of products. Zaino and Klasse are mail order from the States. You can buy Klasse in Germany but in large contianers only.

There are lots and lots of nice products for sale in the UK. Dr Wack, Meguirs pro range, 3M, S100/P21S, Blitz, ClearKote etc etc