PDA

View Full Version : Meg`s #9 Shelf life

DrGonzo
09-12-2003, 05:41 PM
I bought some Meg`s #9 from an auto parts store today. Almost all of the products they had looked like they had been there for a while. I picked up the bottle with the least amount of dust on it and brought it home. I opened it up and it seems to be very thin. Is this something that is normal for #9 or should i try and return the bottle?

topnotchtouch
09-12-2003, 06:40 PM
Did you shake it up? Does it look seperated? It should look like an off white cream color. The consistancy is somewhat like a hand lotion.

DrGonzo
09-12-2003, 07:26 PM
The color does look right, but it is thinner than hand lotion. I did shake it btw. Is it still alright to use?

topnotchtouch
09-12-2003, 07:50 PM
That is a tough call. It is hard to tell without seeing it. It is also hard to tell if your definition of thin and mine are the same. It definitely should not pour out like water. If it looks clear at all it is definitely seperated.

DrGonzo
09-12-2003, 08:01 PM
It`s not clear at all, but it is very thin. About the consistency of melted ice cream. Not exactly like water but i don`t think its as thick as it should be. The color is still very even though.

topnotchtouch
09-12-2003, 08:16 PM
I would venture to say it is probably ok as long as the consistancy and color are consistant.