PDA

View Full Version : The Great Glaze Debate

Pats300zx
09-12-2003, 05:22 PM
I have been noticing alot of posts recently about glazes and wanted to get forum members opinions on what is the best glaze for ease of use and shine.

I have been using glazes more and more on my show car as a prep for events. I usually top it with S100 or Pinnacle Souveran.

I have used 3M IHG and find it very difficult to work with. Recently after reading Mike Phillips post about Megs# 7 I decided to give it a try and was very impressed with the results. #7 was could be temper mental to work with but the results were well worth it.

Recently, I have noticed alot of discussion on Megs #81 Hand Polish as being far more easier to use than #7. I just bought some #81 and it should be here on Monday for me to try.

NE1 else have good results with #81 vs #7?? Is there something better than #81???

BradE
09-12-2003, 05:38 PM
Mothers glaze is nice, works well and not difficult to work with.

JoshABI
09-12-2003, 05:42 PM
I think the only thing better about #81 was the ease of use. I got the same great results as the #7, but it was far easier to use in my opinion. Even the #3, used by hand, gave me great results and was easier than #7.

If I am working with a machine, I go for #3, but by hand #81 is all I use now.

George Wax
09-12-2003, 05:57 PM
M-81-32 Hand polish best polish in my opinion..extremely easy to use..

imported_Intermezzo
09-13-2003, 02:09 AM
81 is easier to use than #7, but it still can`t touch Mother`s Sealer & Glaze for ease of use. Works fine by hand or machine.

SVR
09-13-2003, 04:44 AM
PPG Final Glaze 2000, Magnum Top Gear Instant Shine and MALCO are my personal favourites. Finish off with MALCO Flash wax or 3M Premium Liquid Wax, awesome finish and no white residue

Berrier
09-13-2003, 10:15 AM
If I can ever find this Mothers SG I am definatly gonna buy it. I have always used #7 and hate the 4-5 trips around the vehicle to get it all off.

I currently use Megs #7 topped with Trade Secret paste wax.

Deanski
09-13-2003, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by RottenDog

If I can ever find this Mothers SG I am definatly gonna buy it. I have always used #7 and hate the 4-5 trips around the vehicle to get it all off.

You may want to read this on Megs #7, it`s from Mike Phillips, a Meguairs rep. Megs #7 by Mike Phillips (http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23740)

Regards,

Deanski

JustinR32
09-13-2003, 05:11 PM
Since I started using Mike`s tips for #7, I`ve never gone around the car more than twice. Apply with a PC set on 1 and a finishing pad. Remove with a soft terry like a Koala, then finish with a MF. Remember, it`s almost all oils. If you`re topping it with something, you don`t have to polish it all the way out; your topper will even things up. But, don`t leave big white gobs all over the place either, I`m just saying that a few streaks here and there will go away when you wax.

Tom

LOTA OT
09-14-2003, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by RottenDog

Pep Boys is mother`s central, at least by me. They should have the sealer glaze.

Michael

imported_Greg
09-14-2003, 08:22 PM
I really like #7 after figure out its quirks. I go around with a MF towel taking off micro layers-following the directions of Mike. The shine is very deep, but doesn`t last long.