PDA

View Full Version : Car Wash Shampoo

Pages : [1] 2

Classy Detail
09-12-2003, 01:33 AM
I need some recomendations about car wash shampoo. All you guys that has a lot of experiences out there about detailing cars. I need your little help what brand of shampoo should I get? I heard about Dawny but I`m not in for that. I`m also looking for a minor scratch remover. I will be using my PC and purchased the Klasse twins. Thanks.

imported_edschwab1
09-12-2003, 04:29 AM
Car wash:

Megs Gold Class

Swirl remover:

Megs #9

Eric

Guinnesspounder
09-12-2003, 04:30 AM
My first choice is my Black Fire. Second is Megs Gold Class, just tried it last weekend on the finaces` car and it worked really well. Got a sample of Pinnaacle`s Bodywork that I`m going to try this weekend I"ll let you know how it goes. Pinnacle smells good, like suntan oil.:p

andriver
09-12-2003, 07:28 AM
I second edschwab on Gold Class & Megs #9.

Anthony O.
09-12-2003, 07:41 AM
Perhaps the most "lubricating" car shampoo out there thatI have tried to date is Pinnacles Bodywork shampoo,

It is pricey so for a pro it is not very economical but for a private owner it`s great. The car wash put out by Platinum is also excellant and is, next to the Bubble Bath, my second choice in washes.

If you are seeking a light scratch remover then I would recommend Hi-Temps Light Cut. Meguiars #9 is a good choice but it also has fillers. I have also recently tried Poorboys SSR 1 which works very nice for light scratches also and gives the paint a nice finish.

Anthony

stevet
09-12-2003, 09:23 AM
Megs Gold Class. You can get one gallon for $9.99 at Target.

Classy Detail
09-12-2003, 09:26 AM
Thanks guys. You have been very helpful.:wavey

Mr. Clean
09-12-2003, 10:51 AM
Sonax #1

Budget wash - TW`s Zip

If you have a Big Lots near, the close out special of Zymol Auto Wash at $2.99 for a gallon is a buy.

imported_Greg
09-12-2003, 11:35 AM
After it is all said and done, my favorite still remains- Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo. I`ve tried everything it seems and it seems to be the best for lubrication and smells incredible. I am not a big fan of the smell of Megs. Gold Class. EF Powerwash Plus is what I use on customers cars- very economical.

2wheelsx2
09-12-2003, 11:38 AM
I think many of the over OTC washes are quite good. Mother`s, EO Wet wash, even Zymol. I haven`t tried any GC because I have not been able to find it up here, but most people here like it.

What you are looking for is something gentle on the wax with good lubricity. The rest is just personal preference for smell, price, etc.

imported_Intermezzo
09-12-2003, 11:54 AM
Pinnacle`s shampoo does a good job of cleaning but I have found it to be a little tough on a carnauba`d car. My personal favorite is P21S because it`s one of the gentlest washes available. Other shampoos I like are Z-7, E-1, & One Grand.

As for minor scratch remover, I like 3M FCRC or 3M FI-II followed by a paint cleanser.

Kleanride
09-12-2003, 12:12 PM
Shampoo Poll (http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=20706)

This was posted a couple months ago.

:)

Accumulator
09-13-2003, 12:37 PM
Like Intermezzo, I found Pinnacle`s shampoo, which I used for years, to be quite tough on wax. My favorite is Griot`s Car Wash, which *I* like MUCH better than GC. VERY high lubricity, good cleaning, easy on wax/sealant.

For swirls/scratches, the 1Z polishes are impressing me more and more each time I use them.

vmunoz
09-13-2003, 12:51 PM
Pro`s Red Cherry Suds is thee best Ive used so far. I`m just sorry I didn`t order a larger bottle. Meg`s Gold Class is readily available and it also does the job. I only use QEW if I HAVE to.

V...

ntoddalbert
09-13-2003, 02:08 PM
If you like P21s/Sonax do yourself a favor, get to any BMW dealer and pick up the BMW brand, its 7 bucks for a 1000ML bottle, in my opinion one of the best shampoos I have ever used and its a bargain.