PDA

View Full Version : Poorboy`s SW and QD mix help

weegee
09-10-2003, 06:01 PM
I read some old posts on mixing the two, sort of a super inbetween wash/wax cleaner and quick detailier.

Now some questions before I order:

What percentage do you mix... 50/50?

Also, how do you apply? I`m assuming you shouldn`t use on dirty cars, maybe just dusty. Do you spray and let sit, then wipe? Do you need to wait for haze? etc. etc. MF, flannel, doesn`t matter?

Going to give the EX a try this weekend so looking for some good follow up routine.

Also, will S&W break down S100 or Blitz topper?

TIA

imported_Greg
09-10-2003, 08:17 PM
I would say about 65% S&W, 35% QD. Just spray on and wipe off with a MF. S&W won`t break down S100 or Blitz- it is presumably gentler than a normal wash. Don`t use it on a real dirty car, but like after it rained would be fine. It`s a liquid so it won`t haze. Hope this helps.

JimS
09-14-2003, 08:41 AM
My experience is that I use about a 50/50 mix. I spray on, wipe, let dry to a haze while I apply to the rest of the truck, wipe off w/mf as I would a wax or sealant. It is a carnuba wax. I don`t think Spray & Wipe breaks down wax.

weegee
09-15-2003, 01:25 PM
good point, Noze. I`ll probably do a mix on one, but keep some SW for the purpose it`s meant for.

I just got done applying 3x EX over the weekend. Shine is pretty nice. I haven`t gotten it out in the sun yet because I`ve been working on it mostly at night in the garage. Tomorrow I`ll top with S100. I`m expecting big things!!!!

How do you guys maintain the EX (now this off topic) because I`ve heard varying degrees to its durability. If I top with S100 every few weeks, how long before I should reapply EX? I`ll also probably maintain with 1G Show Off until I`m done with it and then look into getting the QD+ and SW

imported_jaobrien6
09-15-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by NozeBleedSpeed

<snip> PBs QD is so thick <snip>

I thought the same at first, until I realized that when the directions say "Shake Well", they really, really mean it. After shaking and shaking, I finally got my bottle mixed well and it went on so much easier and wiped off with much, much easier. It`s still thicker than something like Meg`s FI, but it`s a lot better than when i tried using it before it was mixed up enough. Perhaps you haven`t been shaking it up enough? Just a though.

John

weegee
09-15-2003, 03:58 PM
thanks for the tip. How has the EX being treating you?

After polishing with GEPC, there was so much shine, I was very tempted just to go straight to S100. But I really wanted to give EX a try.

Do you layer it? How often do you apply?

Thomasfl
09-15-2003, 04:05 PM
yeah don`t mix all your S&W, if your car is more than dusty I would use it 100%. A little dust, I use the 60/40 mix, I do this when I take lunch at work, 5 minutes and the car is looking real nice.