PDA

View Full Version : Does Zaino Z-10 dry leather?

chevyguy28
09-10-2003, 05:16 PM
On this board, I have heard both sides of the coin, that on one hand Z10 dries leather and on the other that it most certainly does not? Let us use this thread to gather information on the topic.

I have uncoated Nappa leather, and have been using Z10 for the past year. I`m undecided on whether or not it dries the leather because I haven`t used other conditioners.

JasonC8301
09-10-2003, 06:10 PM
I am using the Z leather treatment on my sneakers.

http://store.reebok.com/graphics/product_images/p713217dt.jpg

They feel dry to the touch but soft. I used Eagle One a few weeks ago and my sneakers sounded like squeaking poromeric material. The Zaino has silenced that effect. The Zaino also made my sneakers noticably softer and not oily to the touch like Eagle One.

I will post feedback in a month or two and probably show some pictures of my sneakers after 10 months or so of usage (after I clean them with Z of course, maybe some bleach.)

I had a talk with Sal about his leather stuff. It *may* look like its drying out leather but it is not. He said he uses a synthetic lanolin and other leather safe ingredients that don`t dry out the leather but provide a like new look to them, no oilyness, no slippery feeling, just soft leather.

hope this helps,

Jason

bjwebster
09-10-2003, 09:27 PM
Lets See, I Have Used Both Z9 and Z10 On All Types Of Uncoated Leather, Including Lots Of Nappa With No Drying Effect. I Love Z9 and Z10, Both Great Products!

F1Crazy
09-11-2003, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by JustinTRW

I have uncoated Nappa leather, and have been using Z10 for the past year. I`m undecided on whether or not it dries the leather because I haven`t used other conditioners.

Nappa or any full-grain/uncoated leather should be treated a little different than the rest of automotive leather. Lexol for example is not recommended and if you call them they will tell you that. I suggest that you contact Sal and ask him if you can use Z10 on your Nappa.

This is the link to a place that sells Spinneybeck products that can be safely used on Nappa: LeatherZ (http://leatherz.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=01&Category_Code=CarCareProducts) and this is the link to their leather maintenance tips. (http://www.leatherz.com/leathercare2.htm) Note that they also recommend Connolly products to use on Nappa.

I use Z10 on my coated Montana and love it, no drying so far.

chevyguy28
09-12-2003, 12:10 AM
This product is worth a shot at $26. Anyone have experience with it?

brokentelephone
09-17-2003, 01:35 PM
Justin, is that the leather in your C32 that you`re asking about?

chevyguy28
09-17-2003, 01:38 PM
You are correct.

Last week I buffed the leather with a damp cloth and then with a dry one and it came out great. Sometimes conditioning isn`t the answer I suppose. I know people who do it every 3 weeks...

milani
09-17-2003, 01:45 PM
I really like the feel of my leather after using Z-10. I just got it a couple weeks ago and used it on both of my cars. It does not feel greasy, just a nice matte finish. It did not look "dry" though.

blackntan
09-17-2003, 04:36 PM
I actually like the dry look better.. Leather isn`t supposed to `shine`

What product would you recommend on the tan leather of my 96 mazda mx-5, that`s starting to show it`s age and collect dirt?

I am looking for a good cleaner, and a good conditioner..

chevyguy28
09-17-2003, 06:00 PM
I am referring to a dry state of the leather, not a dry "look".

milani
09-18-2003, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by blackntan

I actually like the dry look better.. Leather isn`t supposed to `shine`

What product would you recommend on the tan leather of my 96 mazda mx-5, that`s starting to show it`s age and collect dirt?

I am looking for a good cleaner, and a good conditioner..

The Lexol Cleaner works really well. Also, their conditioner works pretty well too.

imported_BluHeaven
09-18-2003, 05:46 PM
What about leatherique on nappa leather?

My Audi uses fine nappa leather and thats what I`ve been using.