PDA

View Full Version : touchless carwash

Jcrawford
09-10-2003, 02:33 PM
anyone in here resort to using the touchless carwash as a QD???? any downsides to doing this??

huangdong28
09-10-2003, 09:34 PM
Yes, I use one during the winter when I don`t want to wash in the cold. By "touchless", this one is a horseshoe-shaped frame with multiple high-pressure streams that moves back and forth to blast the dirt off. Only problem is that it finds any weak-spots in the convertible top seals (it doesn`t leak in the rain). Since I use Zaino, I go with the cheapest wash-only with no wax. I clay in the Spring (NO DAWN WASH) and everything has been fine.

JimS
09-14-2003, 08:38 AM
I used to use them a couple times a week year round but since I found Poorboys Spray & Wipe I`ve not been to the car wash, or even washed the truck more than once a month and even then the primary reason I go is to give the undercarraige a good blast from the pressure washer.

imported_bornleader
09-22-2003, 09:58 AM
I`ve use one which is the same description as Prowler`s on my BMW Z3 to avoid having the brushes on my canvas convertible top. I always have a towel handy to put at the top of the windows when the sprayer is directly on them. It does little to remove brake dust from the wheels and and OK job on `normal` dirt. For bird drops and sap I use Meguiers detail spray.