PDA

View Full Version : Paint Stained from Bird Droppings

BCS996TT
09-10-2003, 09:41 AM
I just washed my car again after noticing several bird droppings from earlier in the day.

However, I did notice that there is a stain from the bird crap. I tried claying it and it`s still there.

I have yet to go over the car with a PC...but I am assuming that a little DACP or PI III MG will do the job.

Any suggestions?

imported_Greg
09-10-2003, 09:44 AM
Hopefully it should take care of it. If they were just from earlier in the day, then it shouldn`t be a problem. I would take care of it as soon as possible though.

BCS996TT
09-10-2003, 10:09 AM
I just did a search and looks like it might be there to stay! :(

We`ll see.... Definitely need to get a 50/50 (Rubbing Alcohol/Water) spray bottle in my car.

Bill D
09-10-2003, 11:50 AM
My approach to the situation would be to use every paint product I have minus super cut RC until I could get out or minimize the staining. I would try my polishes first, I have Menzerna FP and IP, if that didn`t work, PI III MG, if that didn`t work DACP and/or Fine Cut RC ( keeping in mind I would make a few passes over it with each if necessary before moving to more abrasive product) I would really be curious how Einszett polishes handle this situation.

If I still had traces of the stain I would mask it with IHG and coat with a sealant and wax. Also, it`s possible the stain will look less and less apparent after a full detail or two .

Here the perfect reason why we Autopians need so many products for our paint :)

Believe me, I`m all too familar with those Jersey bird bombs :(

imported_Tony
09-10-2003, 01:15 PM
3m paint restorer