PDA

View Full Version : Detailed truck today

willbjew
08-30-2004, 07:26 PM
I detailed my dads Chevy 1500 4 door today... Thats a big truck. Every thing went good till i had to wax it. I first presured washed it to get mud off then soaped it down and scrubed it good. Took the bug and tar junk off then clayed it. I took some Zymol and put it on the buffer and buffed the whole car. I was using a Porter Cable buffer then took a different attachment and slowly buffed it off... My problem was it looked terrible i mean it took a good 45 minutes to get all that wax off i guess it dried faster than i could take it off or i should have done one section at a time. What was i doing wrong.

Woob
08-30-2004, 07:28 PM
If you did a full job you might of made it easier since the surface was prepped. I use to use Zymol Cleaner Wax a long time ago and remember it was easier than Mother`s. Then again I didn`t have a PC. What accessories did you use?

willbjew
08-30-2004, 07:31 PM
See my dad bought this thing a year or 2 ago for out boat. and he also bought a lot of attachments. I used a applyer rag then a buffer one to get off. I think i realize what i did wrong now i should have done on section at a time but the truck looks awesome. Its a big job compared to a Jeep wrangler.

f1guy68
09-02-2004, 08:13 PM
Which Zymol Product did you use!

I believe that most Zymol products are water based and will dry very quickly!

A spritzer with water will wet it up a bit and make it easier to remove!