PDA

View Full Version : Klasse SG in the sun

MetalSludge
09-08-2003, 08:45 PM
I am considering using the Klasse AIO and SG on my truck. The problem is I dont have a garage to apply it in. I have been reading about how hard the SG is to get off and wasndering would it be impossible to use this in the out doors? I have a canopy thing that I could put over the truck to get it out of the direct sunlight but it still wouldnt be like indoors. Was wandering what your thoughts on this are?

imported_f150smith
09-08-2003, 09:20 PM
I don`t have a garage either but have applied the Klasse Twins to both my truck and wife`s car in the shade with no problems. I know you hear some people have difficulty with them but I`ve found KAIO as easy or easier to use than many other polishes plus it does not stain black trim. I used the Sonus Acrylic QD on a MF to buff off the KSG after I appied to each section or part of a section.

In a newer post DavidB(our mayor) suggested mixing 75%KSG with 25% Sonus QD to make it even easier to apply and remove. I just mixed this up yesterday to try as an extra coat the next time i wash.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

MetalSludge
09-08-2003, 09:24 PM
Do you use anything as a topper on your KSG? I am thinking of using P21S then kept up with One Grand ShowOff QD.

How often do you reaply the KSG?

LOTA OT
09-09-2003, 08:58 AM
You can apply SG outside in the shade easilly. If you don`t have any cover, do it early in the morning or wait till dusk so you are not in direct sunlight. I`ve applied SG when one panel was still getting some direct sun, and I wound up getting a little bit of the infamous SG haze. Didn`t notice it being more difficult to remove though

Michael

MetalSludge
09-09-2003, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by mpauly

You can apply SG outside in the shade easilly. If you don`t have any cover, do it early in the morning or wait till dusk so you are not in direct sunlight. I`ve applied SG when one panel was still getting some direct sun, and I wound up getting a little bit of the infamous SG haze. Didn`t notice it being more difficult to remove though

Michael

How hard is this infamous haze to get rid of?

Also what about streaking from the sun?