PDA

View Full Version : Most "POP" effect on paint

Pages : [1] 2

frankie
09-08-2003, 08:43 PM
which products have you used that you felt added the most "pop" to your paint, whether it be a polish/glaze. wax, or quik detailer? or any other product that enhanced all your hard work

Scottwax
09-08-2003, 11:58 PM
If you mean by the term `pop` a blinding shine, then I`d have to say using Meguiars Swirl Free, Vanilla Moose and S100 Paste Wax will give you what you want, especially on metallics.

topnotchtouch
09-09-2003, 12:06 AM
Scott,

Can you post a pic of a car you have detailed using that combo?

Thanks

Kikkomann
09-09-2003, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by Frankie

which products have you used that you felt added the most "pop" to your paint, whether it be a polish/glaze. wax, or quik detailer? or any other product that enhanced all your hard work

3M Show Car Paste Wax

imported_Dave Holmes
09-09-2003, 04:26 AM
On my Arctic Pearl White, Megs #9 followed by #26 gives an amazing "pop" (like Scottwax defined as a blinding shine). It`ll actually make you sneeze looking at it in the right sun (is this what we`re after?). Downside may be durability, but I re-apply about once a month or more.

I`ve tried Meg`s Polish (Deep Crystal step 2) followed with Gold Class, and although it looked good, it was nothing like the #9 & #26. For some reason (and it may just be me), Gold Class wax also seems to attract more dust and pollen than #26.

I`ve also found that #26 doesn`t last long on my rims. I`ve been using the RainX Wheel Protectant to keep brake dust at bay and easier to clean. Works fairly well, and much easier than waxing. This is on coated aluminum rims.

Dave

frankie
09-09-2003, 03:49 PM
where do you get this vanilla moose product line?

Glossequation
09-09-2003, 04:25 PM
I bought my `91 Yota DD this past March and while the paint was ok, it was not detailed properly in its former life. Finally this summer I got around to doing the whole truck the right way (had some body work issues in the spring) and used 3M IHG topped with #26, waited 24 hrs and did one more coat of #26. I`m still amazed at the depth and shine I got with this combo. Definitely good stuff.

panapower
09-09-2003, 04:58 PM
on the clearkote website I dont see Vanilla Moose. Just the moose wax. Am I mistaken or are both of these the same thing?

Scottwax
09-09-2003, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by PanaPower

on the clearkote website I dont see Vanilla Moose. Just the moose wax. Am I mistaken or are both of these the same thing?

www.clearkote.net is the website now.

The .com site is owned by someone else (not sure how that occurred, but the .com site has not been updated in 3 years).

Scottwax
09-09-2003, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by rjstaaf

Scott,

Can you post a pic of a car you have detailed using that combo?

Thanks

This one also included DACP to remove some swirls that were too deep for Swirl Free, but I did follow with SFP, VM and S100:

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/8781996_porsche993_black_front2.jpg

SFP, VM, S100:

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/8781996_porsche993_rear.jpg

frankie
09-10-2003, 12:32 AM
wow those cars look hot

do you like meguairs swirl free polish over the #81 hand polish

just curious which one gives a more wet liquid look?

93LSCOUPE
09-10-2003, 12:58 AM
Scott,

Nice job! those cars look niice..

What do you find works best on tires? and interior dash? What products do you most commonly use?

Let me know Thanks!

Scottwax
09-10-2003, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by 93LSCOUPE

Scott,

Nice job! those cars look niice..

What do you find works best on tires? and interior dash? What products do you most commonly use?

Let me know Thanks!

I normally use Armor All on tires and fenderwells (it has been reformulated in the past few years, very nice product now) and Meguiars #40 for interiors.

I use a combination of Meguiars, Clearkote, Car Polishes and Winner`s Choice products.

Glossequation
09-11-2003, 09:40 PM
Scottwax,

I gotta agree with you, I have been using new armor all lately and it really is good stuff. I just recently did my wheel wells and really did a nice job.

panapower
09-12-2003, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Frankie

wow those cars look hot

do you like meguairs swirl free polish over the #81 hand polish

just curious which one gives a more wet liquid look?

good question cause I`d like to know also.