PDA

View Full Version : ZFX and layering ?

Blue-Sun
09-08-2003, 05:10 PM
I used ZFX 2 weeks ago on my car, and I wanted to toss another coat of Z on her tonight (freshly washed)

Do I need to use ZFX everytime I apply Z on the car. I know that if I wanna layer it on within 24 hrs, yes, but i just want some more on the car before winter and thought I`d do it today.

thanks!

SK2003TypeS
09-08-2003, 05:14 PM
I did a few coats with ZFX a few weeks ago. Did a coat of Z2 after a fresh wash with Z7 yesterday and had no probs. Took a little longer to dry (maybe mental thing).

I think Nick T`s Tips and Tricks says something about only needing ZFX every 10 coats or something. Someone please correct that if I`m wrong.

imported_memnuts
09-08-2003, 05:18 PM
No you do not have to use ZFX every time. But you can only apply one coat in 24hrs

Thanks Blue-Sun, for reminding me. I applied a layer of Z2 this evening and almost forgot that I need to buffer it off. Was having an interesting discussion on another channel.:wavey

SK2003TypeS
09-08-2003, 05:18 PM
http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23601&highlight=Nick+T

Sorry for the delay....:p

"It is not necessary to use Z-1 or ZFX every time that you apply Zaino. Mr. Z says to use it the first time and every tenth coat thereafter. I use it for the first 3-4 coats and then every fourth or fifth coat. Although I recommend using ZFX primarily, Z-1 is very handy to have when you are doing a spot repair since it’s very difficult to mix a tiny amount of Z-2 or Z-5 and ZFX."

Blue-Sun
09-08-2003, 10:21 PM
I did the car and it looks great. The pics didn`t really turn out good though, but here`s one