PDA

View Full Version : Tried Zaino...liked it, but wanna try something new..idea`s??

Pages : [1] 2

mark2003
09-08-2003, 02:18 AM
Ok I have been using zaino on my car for the last little while, and the results were very good on my silver car, I liked it a lot...But I like to try new things, so I was wondering what would be some good replacements.

I have heard about stuff such as S100 and Klasse etc. but know nothing about them. I have done the whole meguairs thing as well, it worked good but Zaino was better imo...

Any help is appreciated, thanks :)

rstype
09-08-2003, 03:46 AM
Right now, I could think of three things:

1.) Top Zaino with P21S/S100

2.) Add more layers of Zaino

3.) Start all over again and experiment with better polishing techniques. Maybe polish out that micromarring or give the 10 year old silver more gloss. The shinier and more perfect the paint is prior to Zaino, the better it`ll look after.

Do you have a PC? I`ve tried many other products in addition to Zaino... some attract less dust, others smell better... but I find Z to have the best balance of appearance, durability, and ease of use.

imported_memnuts
09-08-2003, 04:45 AM
PoorBoy`s EX :xyxthumbs

P21S

Pinnacle Souveran

More Zaino and more prep

:wavey

topnotchtouch
09-08-2003, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by mark2003

Ok I have been using zaino on my car for the last little while, and the results were very good on my silver car, I liked it a lot...But I like to try new things, so I was wondering what would be some good replacements.

I have heard about stuff such as S100 and Klasse etc. but know nothing about them. I have done the whole meguairs thing as well, it worked good but Zaino was better imo...

Any help is appreciated, thanks :)

Can you elaborate on "the whole Meguiars thing"? Are you talking the consumer line available at most auto parts stores or have you also tried the professional line? Just out of curiousity I would be interested to know what Meguiars products you have tried.

fidelfs
09-08-2003, 09:32 AM
Try to top with P21S and not use Z6 after that.

It made my car looked even better.

Shine was very deep and it does not have the plasticity look.

There have been discussions that P21S and S100 are the same so if you want to save some $$$ try S100.

Scott P
09-08-2003, 09:41 AM
I would go with a combo of Clearkote and Poorboy`s World products. Vanilla Moose topped by several coats of EX would look great on silver. If you want extra pop, try topping that with Clearkote`s Carnauba Moose Wax.

luvthong
09-08-2003, 11:08 AM
I am havign the same question myself, I have used Zaino on my 97 white Integra and have good result. The only bad thing is I didn`t prep well enough and I show many swirl marks. I am thinking to start all over again with my Clearkote VM and MW. How good is VM and MW compare to Zaino?

iceman
09-08-2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by rjstaaf

Can you elaborate on "the whole Meguiars thing"?

Yes, I would also be interested in what products from Meguiars you have tried and why you thought the Zaino was better.

I currently use Z5/Z2 on MY silver car but was thinking about using different stuff on someone else`s silver car, but using locally available products. I am trying to decide between Meguiar`s #81/#20 possibly topped with #26 or S100 and the Autoglym twins SRP/EG. All following prep with clay and SEC.

Scottwax
09-08-2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by luvthong

I am havign the same question myself, I have used Zaino on my 97 white Integra and have good result. The only bad thing is I didn`t prep well enough and I show many swirl marks. I am thinking to start all over again with my Clearkote VM and MW. How good is VM and MW compare to Zaino?

Zaino would win on durability, but as far as looks, that is too subjective for anyone but you to decide. BTW, the best Clearkote combo is Vanilla Moose and the new Carnuba Moose Wax.

luvthong
09-08-2003, 01:16 PM
Ok, if I top Caruda Moose Wax with VM, can I still top it with S100 to get the protection?

Scott P
09-08-2003, 02:20 PM
You have the order messed up a bit. You top Vanilla Moose with Carnauba Moose Wax. You don’t need S100 for protection. The Carnauba Moose Wax will offer that.

Scottwax
09-08-2003, 04:59 PM
Oddly enough, I have topped the regular Moose Wax with Vanilla Moose and it turned out great. I had to do an exterior detail on a silver Misubitshi Eclipse that had tar all down the side of it. I used the Moose Wax to remove the tar and clean the paint and since I think Vanilla Moose has a wetter look than Moose Wax and because I was in the sun that day, I used Vanilla Moose to top it instead of Carnuba Moose (you can use on warm surfaces, but it streaks a bit on hot paint in the direct sun) and the car really had a nice glow to it. I took a pic and should have the film developed in a day or two.

mark2003
09-08-2003, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by rjstaaf

Can you elaborate on "the whole Meguiars thing"? Are you talking the consumer line available at most auto parts stores or have you also tried the professional line? Just out of curiousity I would be interested to know what Meguiars products you have tried.

The Meguiars products I have tried were the Step 1 Cleaner, Step 2 Polish, and for wax I tried the Gold class, as well as their #26 Yellow Wax.

The main problem I had the meguiars was some of the wax would get stuck in the trim, especially around the sunroof trim and It was difficult to get it out, so it would dry and leave a white line all around the trim which looked really bad in certain lighting. This may have been due to careless use of it since meguairs was the first car detailing products I tried when I got my car, but I never had this problem after I used Zaino.

Also, I feel the car shined better with Zaino compared to Meguiars.

Also, where do you find products such as Clearkote Vanilla Moose and Carnuba Moose Wax?

SuperBuick
09-08-2003, 07:24 PM
Try pinnacle paste glaz.

I`m extremely impressed with the pinnacle products.

-Tom

Scottwax
09-08-2003, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by mark2003

The Meguiars products I have tried were the Step 1 Cleaner, Step 2 Polish, and for wax I tried the Gold class, as well as their #26 Yellow Wax.

The main problem I had the meguiars was some of the wax would get stuck in the trim, especially around the sunroof trim and It was difficult to get it out, so it would dry and leave a white line all around the trim which looked really bad in certain lighting. This may have been due to careless use of it since meguairs was the first car detailing products I tried when I got my car, but I never had this problem after I used Zaino.

Also, I feel the car shined better with Zaino compared to Meguiars.

Also, where do you find products such as Clearkote Vanilla Moose and Carnuba Moose Wax?

As a rule, I stay away from Meguiars Joe Six Pack consumer line in the burgandy bottles. Their Mirror Glaze and Body Shop Professional lines are much better. Dual Action Cleaner Polish and Swirl Free Polish are the two products I use that I consider indispensible. They do such a great job on the paint that pretty much any pure wax is going to look good on top after using DACP and SFP.

Most autoparts stores carry the Mirror Glaze line and many online vendors carry the Body Shop Pro line or you can go to www.meguiars.com and find a local pro distributer in your area and buy the products directly.

You can get Clearkote products at www.clearkote.net