PDA

View Full Version : Klasse and Porter Cable orbital, techniques?

RaysMD
09-07-2003, 10:56 PM
So, I`ve decided to make the jump into Klasse and acquire an orbital at the same time. I`ve read the informative posts by jimwh and AlBoston, but I couldn`t find a post on the techniques used with the orbital. Specifically which pads, and how long to apply onto each panel with the orbital for.

Previous informative posts are:

AlBoston`s swirl mark remover (http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14213)

jimwh`s thread on Klasse (http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12590)

hondaguy2582
09-07-2003, 11:50 PM
apply klasse on the pc just like you would any cleaner polish, except don`t spend a lot of time and apply it wet and dont` let it dry. Ive done both, but i do mine by hand on my car, and machine by jetski because my car is in a condition to where i never need to use the pc. The only thing klasse(aio for that matter, dont even try sg by pc) by machine does better is that it will cover the area better and probably clean(yes clean) better, but you must clay before you clean the paint if you have any surface contamination. Hope this helps.

RaysMD
09-08-2003, 12:40 AM
Got it. My plan was using the PC for minor scratch removal and bird poop stains that I couldn`t get out by hand. The car is very new and has been cared for by only me. Dealer didn`t even wash it. Since I was getting the orbital I thought it would make things faster.

So apply AIO by orbital, but don`t use it for the SG. Just apply SG by hand?

THanks

JasonC8301
09-08-2003, 01:03 AM
Sounds like you got a killer black M3.

Hand is best on a new car. Use the PC and AIO or some other cleaner for more stubborn areas. If you are anal, go over the area again by hand.

I would SG by hand, allows for a really thin coat and you can`t apply more than one coat of SG in a 24 hour period (Zaino ZFX with some Z5 on a PC with foam finishing, did 3 coats with an ounce (maybe less) on a F-150 with matching tonneu cover.)

I find by hand it is faster on a smaller car.

Good luck.