PDA

View Full Version : Klasse For the 1st time

Pages : [1] 2

ntoddalbert
09-07-2003, 07:02 PM
Since winter is comming fast I decided to give synthetics a try, longevity of the Souveran and P21S I have been using just wont cut it here in the northeast. Prep was minemal as the paint was in great shape, I did use 3M Machine polish on the hood and trunk to get a few minor scratches out though. The AIO cleaner was an easy on and off process, hard to see on my car ( White 2003 BMW)

After AIO the car looked clean but lacked any depth as expected. I applied Klasse SG with a dry foam pad, hard for me to keep that dime size amount down if I use anything else and I can wring out a small foam piece to remove any excess easily. I have to admit the first layer was nice but it didnt blow me away, real slick though. Today I washed and added the second coat of SG and WOW, my car looks better than I can describe, Pics will be online soon. Im amazed how well SG hides imperfections... didnt expect that.....

I cant wait to put a few more coats of SG on this week, im an inpatient man, killing me waiting 24 hours. I look at my car and say, wow it looks great, then again it always looks great. But today I could tell its beyond that freshly waxed look, the stares at every intersection tell me its much better. Even people who know im a nut about my car and never comment on it have said it looks incredible.

Thanks for all the help, I tried Klasse years ago and swore it was junk as I didnt have all the advice and experience at my fingertips. I also didnt have the SG.......

I cant wait to top it with wax, although it looks so good im considering just putting more SG on it, what is the consensus here on that?:D

imported_NHBFAN
09-07-2003, 09:27 PM
My first experience was the KSG wasn`t too pleasant either, but this week I gave it another try with the help of Sonus QD.

Very satisfied ... not sure if I`m going to top with a carnuba this time. May just keep adding KSG for awhile.

Scottwax
09-07-2003, 09:49 PM
Interesting. I`ve been thinking about trying out AOI at least to see how it works out.

2wheelsx2
09-08-2003, 12:00 AM
With the exception of the cost (although you CAN buy it in gallons), I think you`ll really like how AIO works, Scott.

MetalSludge
09-08-2003, 04:31 PM
If you apply a topper to the KSG like a P21S can you add more KSG later or would you have to strip it before adding more KSG? Also is there any harm in using a QD like One Grand Show Off with KSG since OGS has carnuba in it?

Corey Bit Spank
09-08-2003, 04:55 PM
Metal, you may want to use Meg`s Final Inspection. It doesn`t have any carnuba in it (at least, I haven`t noticed any problems using it with Blackfire sealant).

MetalSludge
09-08-2003, 05:49 PM
Thanks Corey Bit Spank. Do you think the KSG needs topped or does it look better by itself?

Pats300zx
09-08-2003, 07:02 PM
Do you think the KSG needs topped or does it look better by itself?

I decided to put some S100 on my red F after applying SG x 4. I loved the way the truck looked with the SG. The reflections were very sharp and crisp.

The carnuaba definitely gave the paint more depth. Now on my Toyota 4runner (Millennium Silver) I like the look of SG alone. It just seems to bring the metallic in the color out more.

I guess its all a personal pref.

MetalSludge
09-08-2003, 07:23 PM
I would be putting this on black paint

Bobby G
09-08-2003, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by 2wheelsx2

With the exception of the cost (although you CAN buy it in gallons), I think you`ll really like how AIO works, Scott.

Gary, your comment regarding price made me curious. Is there a perception that Klasse is more expensive than other quality brands? From my perspective, when compared with the price of other products, AIO is a deal.

hondaguy2582
09-08-2003, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by DavidB

Gary, your comment regarding price made me curious. Is there a perception that Klasse is more expensive than other quality brands? From my perspective, when compared with the price of other products, AIO is a deal.

David, I think the reason its expensive for him is because he lives up in Canada; where there is no klasse distrubutors around. As for cost, heck, its the best product combo ive used yet and worth the price. best combo for the best protection and shine without using the zaino system.

PerfectionDetailing
09-08-2003, 09:45 PM
I bought the Klasse twins package over at CMA over a year ago and wax at least 2x a month. My bottles are at about 3/4 full. So Klasse is pretty cheap when you consider how many coats you can apply.

I use Sonus to QD the car after the weekly wash and my results have been spectacular.

togwt
10-03-2003, 11:15 AM
Here in sunny Florida the Klasse twins (with 3+ coats of SG) with Sonus as QD can`t be beat by anything I`ve tried so far.

2wheelsx2
10-03-2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by DavidB

Umm....yeah, pretty much what Hondaguy said. It`s pretty expensive to get up here. I know a little goes a long way, and I really like the one step setup. But because of the duties, shipping and exchange, I have much cheaper alteratives with other systems (But I prefer AIO :))

For example, a 16.9 oz bottle of AIO costs about $20, plus about $10 shipping. So in CDN$, that`s about $45. Then, depending on how it is shipped, I might have to pay duty and handling of $10 CDN. So that`s $55 CDN! :eek:

If I went with Meguiar`s Swirl Free polish, I get a 32 oz bottle for around $27, and a 16 oz bottle of #20 for $20. Add in sales taxes of 14.5% (yeah, they rape us) and it`s again about $55, but I have more than twice as much product, and I get a dedicated paint cleaner and swirl remover along with a sealant.

Having said all that...I still prefer AIO and for the next time, I will get a large bottle (32 oz). :)

imported_Tony
10-03-2003, 11:55 AM
IMO: I have been using Klasse for several years. I dont think it matters much what QD you use as for as bonding issues are concerned as long as you wash prior to adding the next layer of SG.

AIO: I have learned that if I work the product rather than wipe on and wipe off then I get better results. A slicker cleaner surface. You do not have to work it very long.I feel this is why gingerbread has been able to have great results using AIO and the PC. Exception is after claying. After claying it is so easy to use you feel guilty.

SG: The longer you let SG dry the easier it is to remove. Try to remove it to soon and it will smear and is hard to buff off. If you wait long enough SG is as easy to remove as using a QD. This may be a problem for Pros that do not always have time to wait.

Beading: Klasse is not the best beading product out there. It does bead but I dont feel that beading is the best measure for Klasse. It takes a little experience but I believe that slickness and shine better indicate how long Klasse actually protects.

just my 2 cents