PDA

View Full Version : Help...Please

cammy's car
09-07-2003, 05:46 PM
I have a brand new Mini Cooper S Dark Silver with Black roof and mirrors. Following the advice on this forum I did not let the dealer detail and then i clayed and zainoed my pristine car right after pickup. Today one month later I zaino again- the car looks great- but this time I have used much less of the z5/zfx mix. I have put on 2 coats with z6 in between and I still have at least 1/2 oz left! My question- do I have to use z6 between each coat? I don`t have that much z6 left. I have enough for 2 more coats of the z5/zfx mix left and want to use that till gone then finish with a final spritz of z6. Is this ok???

Deanski
09-07-2003, 05:49 PM
No you do not HAVE to Z6 each time, it just helps prior to and after each coat. Less surface friction and aids in shine.

Looks like you need to order more Z6 like the rest of us that use Zaino! I go through it often!

How about a pic?

Regards,

Deanski

cammy's car
09-07-2003, 05:53 PM
Hey! Thanks for the quick reply. Out to put on those two coats of z5 then the z6. I will order mat least 2 more bottles of the z6 today! and as for pics as soon as i finish the zainoing I will surely post some.

bigpoppa
09-07-2003, 08:16 PM
You can also dilute Z6 with distilled water. I am currently using a ratio of about 60% distilled water and 40% Z6. It cuts down on streaking (especially on my black paint) and helps the bottle go a lot further.

I tend not to Z6 between each coat, usually just at the end of 3 ZFX + Z2/Z5 coats.

JasonC8301
09-07-2003, 08:27 PM
Dso1C5 - How much Z6 are you using? I have not experienced streaking with Z6 on a clean surface (I never use Z6 alone on a dusty surface.) I use a very small amount. I would say 3-4 ounces for 20-30 or so Z6`s. I don`t use a lot though and most of these are in between Z layers.

I started using Zaino over a year ago. I am on my second bottle of Z6 because the first one I gave away (which was like 80-90% full.)

Yep, once you apply Zaino and follow up with more coats, you use less and less. I can get 1 coat on a Corolla with 1/4 of an ounce.

cammy's car
09-08-2003, 04:24 AM
Ds01C5 Good idea! I have ordered another bottle of z6 and I think I will try diluting whats left of this one and see how it goes. That z6 is very expensive and I seem to use a lot of it.