PDA

View Full Version : Megs FI vs Pinnacle LS = don`t match

imported_jgv
09-06-2003, 06:14 PM
I have the roof of my car treated with Pinnacle Liquid Souveran (looks great!) and as I QD with FI, all is well except the roof, haze, and haze. Have to use an extra MF towel (dry) to remove it. Doesn`t happen with QS...:nixweiss

JoshABI
09-06-2003, 08:27 PM
Hmm....interesting. I`ll have to keep an eye out next time I try the combo. Thanks for the info!

raymond_ho2002
09-11-2003, 02:05 AM
Strange.. I remember reading similar problems of using clearkote quickshine with liquid souveran. Anyone have a qd that worked nicely with LS?

imported_RadMon
09-12-2003, 05:49 AM
I recently tried the new LS on my `04 Acura and the results were amazing.

I then decided I`d break in my virgin bottle of CKQS since everyone was raving about it. Bad idea...

The QS definitely did not mix with the LS as the final result was a very cloudy or dull appearance (on silver metallic paint that is brand new).

Tried Meg`s QD and worked like a champ (and I love it`s smell anyways)!

I can only imagine that CKQS and LS are not compatible or perhaps the LS needed more time to cure properly before being QD`ed?

roadchief
09-12-2003, 05:56 AM
I used mothers showtime qd with liquid souveran with nice results

Reflector
09-12-2003, 06:49 AM
the part I always wait for when detialing is the Meg QD at the end. best smell ever! and cleans and clears everything, sometimes I go over the car twice, I love it!

TortoiseAWD
09-12-2003, 08:08 AM
Interesting . . . I have a couple of coats of LS on my WRX right now, and have QDed it with a mix (50/50) of Poorboy`s S&W and ClearKote QS; no problems at all. I`ve not tried to QD freshly applied LS, only after a day or two, for whatever that`s worth.

Tort