PDA

View Full Version : is this true no gepc under aio?

Michaelelts
09-06-2003, 11:12 AM
This was froma thread on the supra forum--

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by dashotgun I do the gloss enhancing paint conditioner from the P 21S line then AIO then 2 layers of SG then a layer of P21 it looks great incredible shine.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You might be getting a great shine, but your durability is ****. That paint conditioner leaves oil on the surface. the Arcrylic AIO won`t stick. The proper way to polish before a synthetic wax is to polish, and then remove all residual oils with a 50/50 mix of alky + water (I used distilled) and then a wash with a good car wash soap (no dawn.. it leaves oils too!)..

Then apply the AIO and P21S/S100

Just an FYI!

imported_Greg
09-06-2003, 11:30 AM
It doesn`t seem logical to me. AIO is going to strip the oils from the GEPC anyway, so it shouldn`t be an issue. What is the point though of doing GEPC before AIO because it has so few polishing characteristics, the oils that produce the rich look are its primary asset.

Accumulator
09-06-2003, 12:36 PM
dashotgun- The individual who replied to your post on the Supra forum doesn`t know what he`s talking about. Really, he`s just full of it..doesn`t know what`s what about GEPC or AIO or Dawn.

AIO WILL clean off the oils and fillers of the GEPC, but the GEPC will NOT compromise the AIO in any way. Dawn leaves oils?!? Nope, total misinformation.

There ARE some very mild abrasives in the GEPC. If (BIG *IF*) your finish is nearly PERFECT, using GEPC as a last step before the AIO will give you a great finish.

Michaelelts
09-06-2003, 02:56 PM
great thanks for the info I can usualy seperate the BS about he mechanical stuff( that site is Known for that btw) but for the nuances of the detailing poducts I am still an egg. I guess I will skipt he GEPC next time. No finish is ever perfect. I have a few light swirls that You pick up from washing but over for a 10 yera old car it looks brand new.

http://webpages.charter.net/a.zeiler/rear.jpg

Bill D
09-06-2003, 04:35 PM
When I prepped my new car some of my last steps were GEPC and then AIO followed by SG, looks totally outstanding. No bonding issues whatsoever.