PDA

View Full Version : Clearkote Carnauba vs Vanilla vs Moose - confusion reigns..

jdthompson
09-06-2003, 09:08 AM
I`ve searched loads but I`m still not totally clear on what the difference between these three products is (the Carnauba isn`t even listed on the Clearkote site).

AIUI the moose is a cleaner wax, which means it will clean (obviously) but will it do anything abrasive with really, really minor swirls?

The Vanilla is a polish/glaze so it`ll fill in light swirls, so where does that leave the Carnauba?

I`d be grateful if someone could clarify the qualities of each one - the more I read the more confused I get :-)

If it matters the cars`s an Anthracite Grey Pearl Metallic VW Golf.

TIA,

Paul

imported_Greg
09-06-2003, 11:33 AM
Well, I`ll take this one. Moose wax contains chemical cleaners, but it will not do anything for swirls. Vanilla Moose can be used either as a glaze or a polish for minor swirls, it is rich in oil which produces a very nice, slick shine and will hide some swirls. The carnauba contains very very mild cleaners, so it is pretty close to a straight wax. My suggestion is do a semi abrasive polish, VM, then Carnauba moose. Email clearkote for the Carnauba moose.

Scottwax
09-06-2003, 10:30 PM
What Greg said.

jdthompson
09-07-2003, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by Greg

My suggestion is do a semi abrasive polish, VM, then Carnauba moose. Email clearkote for the Carnauba moose.

Thanks Greg - think I`m being a little dumb here, but you mean a two-step, VM then Carnauba, just I can also read the above as a three-step with some sort of abrasive polish before the Clearkote products?

Paul

Scott P
09-07-2003, 08:08 AM
I like to go DACP, then VM, then Carnauba Moose Wax for my car. DACP does the cleaning and works the swirls. VM adds the slickness and depth and Carnuaba MW tops everything off.