PDA

View Full Version : cheesy wal mart small buffer

eldawg4100
09-06-2003, 03:54 AM
I guess for 13 dollars i couldnt pass it up! Its a small 5-6 inch orbital hand, comes with a microfiber like bonnet for applying, and a synthetic wool for taking off. Its not bad! it puts on the wax quite nicely, and takes it off effortlessly. If your ever at wal mart, check it out, its a pretty nice unit for 13 dollars! Also very handy for small spots, hard to reach areas.

medic159
09-06-2003, 05:23 AM
Originally posted by eldawg4100

... microfiber like bonnet for applying, and a synthetic wool for taking off...

:scared I`m not sure what "microfiber like" is supposed to be so I`d toss those bonnets if I were you. Stick with the buffer but use safer bonnets.

Deanski
09-06-2003, 07:04 AM
You`re going to use a $13 buffer from Wal-Mart on your finish? :eek: You must really hate your finish!

Use it in the house. Don`t use it on the car :nono

If you don`t have a PC, get one!:up

If you want a cordless, look into the Meguiars one. It may not have as much effect as a PC, but at least it is designed for polishing a finish better than other devices that are cordless.

Regards,

Deanski

eldawg4100
09-06-2003, 02:06 PM
well, i used it and noticed no ill effect. I am also think the bonnet IS microfiber, looks and feels like it.........

kbshadow
09-06-2003, 02:28 PM
I have one with the Sears label, works great for wax, used some Mothers polish with it and it did it but took forever and was a lot of work.

Seems like you need a PC for anything more than wax, I would like to get one but the more I read on here about them the more confused I get, so I gave up.

I wondered if that pad was microfiber, looks like it but does not say so.

Bob

Stockton Ca