PDA

View Full Version : Sonus QD is "the ticket" for KSG!!!

imported_NHBFAN
09-05-2003, 10:25 PM
After my first experience with KSG I was pretty disappointed. I found KSG very hard to work with, and wasn`t overly thrilled with my results.

But, today after applying AIO x 1, I applied a thin coat of KSG aftering spritizng my applicator with Sonus. I let it dry for 30 minutes then I removed it with Sonus.

What a simple process and what a shine! Hope to follow with 2nd and 3rd coats this weekend.

Hope the Sonus isn`t removing too much KSG!

LOTA OT
09-06-2003, 06:05 PM
Try using a damp MF to do the initial SG removal, then QD the whole car with the Sonus to get the final shine. You`ll wind up using less Sonus (which is expensive) and probably get a better shine in the end.

Michael

imported_Aurora40
09-06-2003, 06:40 PM
Just a note, I remove SG with distilled water. Works great and is incredibly cheap... I`ve actually tried spritzing the applicator with it this last time I SG`d my wheels. It worked well, but I`ll reserve judgement until I try it on bodywork.

Bobby G
09-07-2003, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by NHBFAN

After my first experience with KSG I was pretty disappointed. I found KSG very hard to work with, and wasn`t overly thrilled with my results.

But, today after applying AIO x 1, I applied a thin coat of KSG aftering spritizng my applicator with Sonus. I let it dry for 30 minutes then I removed it with Sonus.

What a simple process and what a shine! Hope to follow with 2nd and 3rd coats this weekend.

Hope the Sonus isn`t removing too much KSG!

Sonus will not remove any of your KSG. If you`re having trouble applying KSG, it`s a simple matter of applying too much. Use a terry cloth or microfiber applicator to apply KSG, not foam. Apply no more than a dime-size dab at a time, which will be enough KSG to wax an entire fender or door (3 to 4 square foot area). If you have more than a whisper of film to wipe off, you have applied too much KSG.

Use a good buffing towel to remove your KSG. Some people remove it right away, others allow it to sit for a while. Do whatever is easier for you. Both methods work just fine.

Want to make KSG even easier to apply? Mix 75% KSG with 25% Sonus Spritz in a fine mist spray bottle (a 4 oz bottle works best) and skake well. Spray two shots of the KSG/Sonus mixture on your applicator and apply to your paint. It will go on thinner and easier than ever, and removal is a breeze. DO NOT spray directly on your paint.

db

imported_NHBFAN
09-07-2003, 12:29 PM
Thanks for the tips DavidB

2 questions:

1. Does a microfiber applicator allow you to use less product?

2. Why don`t you want to spray the KSG + Sonus mixture directly on your paint?

Bobby G
09-08-2003, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by NHBFAN

Thanks for the tips DavidB

2 questions:

1. Does a microfiber applicator allow you to use less product?

2. Why don`t you want to spray the KSG + Sonus mixture directly on your paint?

I find very little difference in KSG application between MF and cotton terry cloth applicators.

The reason you don`t spray it is the same reason you use a terry cloth applicator: you want a thin film.

imported_Intermezzo
09-08-2003, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by DavidB

Want to make KSG even easier to apply? Mix 75% KSG with 25% Sonus Spritz in a fine mist spray bottle (a 4 oz bottle works best) and skake well. Spray two shots of the KSG/Sonus mixture on your applicator and apply to your paint. It will go on thinner and easier than ever, and removal is a breeze. DO NOT spray directly on your paint.

db

Very interesting. Definitely something I got to try out! :up

MetalSludge
09-08-2003, 04:27 PM
Sounds intersting considering I am about to use this stuff for the first time. So is it better to let it dry or wipe off before it dries?

BillNorth
09-08-2003, 09:09 PM
Thanks for the tips David. I`ll definately try them out.

imported_NHBFAN
09-08-2003, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by mpauly

Try using a damp MF to do the initial SG removal, then QD the whole car with the Sonus to get the final shine. You`ll wind up using less Sonus (which is expensive) and probably get a better shine in the end.

Michael

I tried the damp MF route. It`s pretty good, but not as easy as using Sonus.

I know it`s going to be more expensive using Sonus, but I still should get 10+ coats of KSG with one bottle of Sonus.

Wished you could buy Sonus in bigger bottles.