PDA

View Full Version : Anyone mix QD`s?

audio1der
09-05-2003, 04:18 PM
I`ve been experimenting with different QD`s all summer.

Found Meg`s (consumer)QD great at quick cleaning, easy as anthing else to use, but lacking shine.

Mothers Showtime (when used with the Meg`s QD bottle) seems "wetter" to apply, doesn`t clean quite as easily- it may not encapsulate particles as well, but leaves a great, true "just waxed" look.

I`m going to try mixing them 50/50 to obtain the best traits of each- thoughts?:confused:

TortoiseAWD
09-05-2003, 07:41 PM
Currently, I`m playing with a mix of Quick Shine and Poorboy`s Spray & Wipe (around 50/50, but I didn`t measure). Seemed to work well on Zaino; the S&W seems to clean better than other QDs I`ve tried, and QS leaves a nice gloss. So far, I like the combo. I`ve also played with a mix of Quick Shine and Wizard`s Mist and Shine, which I liked OK, but it tended to smear on glass (even slight overspray). That effect is from the Wizard`s, BTW, as I had the same problem with Wizard`s used straight-up.

I say go ahead and experiment. You can always mix a small amount of the blend you have in mind to see what you think of the results. Worst case, if it smears or streaks you might have to wash to clean up a bad mix.

Tort

Mr. Clean
09-05-2003, 09:01 PM
I mix S&W with Mother`s Showtime with good results. As TortoiseAWD mentioned the S&W does a fine job of cleaning and the Showtime provides the shine.

JimS
09-06-2003, 09:26 PM
I mix Poorboys QD+ and Spray & Wipe. I like the shine I get and of course the S&W cleans very nicely.

Scottwax
09-06-2003, 10:34 PM
I haven`t mixed QDs, but I do add about a 1/2 ounce of Quikshine to QEW when washing cars I know haven`t been waxed in a while. It makes the QEW solution bead up and wipe off more easily.