PDA

View Full Version : Tarminator=3m General Adhesive Cleaner?

Bill D
09-05-2003, 01:52 PM
I just had the opportunity to use both Stoner`s Tarminator and 3m General Purpose Adhesive Cleaner on some stuck on spots of dirt. Both performed equally and both smelled exactly the same. I put a sample of each in 2 seperate bowls and could not tell the difference. 3m lists some of its ingredients, I dont have handy right now but I think Naptha (?) is a primary one while Stoner simply lists petroleum distillants. Went to the Stoner site to try to find a MSDS, not readily availible, I might e-mail them for it.

Any experience with these 2? Are they identical?

If they are the same I`m simply going to put the 3m stuff in a spray bottle to use once I`m throught with my cans of Tarminator

Brad B
09-06-2003, 07:17 AM
I have both as well and agree totally with your comments. My nose may not be as tuned as yours but it does sure smell the same. Hard to tell with chemicals. Remember, many have no odor. I wish I knew what was what.:nixweiss

Bill D
09-06-2003, 09:20 AM
I think I ll ask Stoner for a MSDS next week just to see if it lists the chemicals, then I can compare to the 3m

Bobby G
09-08-2003, 08:13 AM
Just a note that an MSDS may tell you what the active ingredients are, but it will not tell you the formula. Both products may have the same active ingredients but are not necessarily the same formula or made by the same company.

EBPcivicsi
09-08-2003, 08:16 AM
I bet they are similar, but not identical. Be careful puting the 3M in a spray bottle, unless it`s metal it will probably destroy the bottle.