PDA

View Full Version : detail bonus!

Pages : [1] 2

markmando
09-04-2003, 02:58 PM
maybe all that aerospace protectant and polish have gone to my head but i swear since i detailed the outside of my car ...

it now seems to drive faster too.

the only cause for this acceleration would be since i clayed it, all the contaminates are no longer there to cause friction against the wind while the car is in motion.

i dunno know, maybe its just the fumes talking.:xyxthumbs

Spilchy
09-04-2003, 03:07 PM
You actually save a little gas mileage with clean cars. That`s why UPS always washes their planes and trucks.

I changed my air filter over the weekend and sense that my car drives faster! Probably just my imagination.

topnotchtouch
09-04-2003, 03:07 PM
You haven`t added any stickers lately have you? Everyone knows those are good for an easy 25hp :D

hondaguy2582
09-04-2003, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by rjstaaf

You haven`t added any stickers lately have you? Everyone knows those are good for an easy 25hp :D

Now now, your getting carried away here. Its more like that big fin in the back that gives you 50+hp or that softball size muffler that will give you 200+ hp. Lets not forget the stereo system, that adds about 10hp, and the lights add 5 hp. Oh and most of all, the cold air intake will add 75 hp. Plus, if you get a blow off valve, it will make your car sound so cool like a turbo, that you will trick kids into thinking you have one.

If anyone took that serious or believed what I just stated, then your in need of help .:p

Lowejackson
09-05-2003, 02:39 PM
I wish it was true, but the cleanliness of a car give no practical advantage in terms of power.

Steven

Kleanride
09-05-2003, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Lowejackson

I wish it was true, but the cleanliness of a car give no practical advantage in terms of power.

Steven

Well not with THAT attitude!

love ya man! :p

Lowejackson
09-05-2003, 03:13 PM
....in fact the dirt might actually help by increasing the turbulent boundary layer. I am probably the first person on Autopia to say `dirty cars are better`

markmando
09-10-2003, 10:14 AM
Just discovered another great detail bonus:

other drivers no longer ride my ***

seriously folks use to get right up on my back and i wasn`t even in the fast lane.

now they stay a good car length behind.

I love it!

amazing how much respect a good looking ride can get you.

markmando
09-10-2003, 10:16 AM
oh yeah

damn shame about the clean car = faster theory

oh well.

Glossequation
09-10-2003, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by markmando

the only cause for this acceleration would be since i clayed it, all the contaminates are no longer there to cause friction against the wind while the car is in motion.

you`ve got to be kidding, right?? There is no way that makes a difference. Yes, its the fumes.

SP 325i
09-10-2003, 10:31 AM
I think clean cars are faster. Isn`t that why WRC (World Rally Championship) cars are always cleaned at service ? After spending millions on aerodynamics they don`t want it messed up by dirt.

Steve

Blue-Sun
09-10-2003, 10:45 AM
doesn`t it have to do with the wax/polish/whatever on the surface of the paint cutting through the wind better and more smoothly. I remeber reading an article many many years ago, where they took a mustang to the track, ran a bunch of 1/4`s, then waxed the car, ran some more 1/4`s and the waxed runs were .1 faster or so. . .not much, but they help overall. . .

kg/cm²
09-10-2003, 10:52 AM
there is 5 php (perceived horsepower) to be gained from a waxed vehicle...you know...reduced drag coeffecient...

markmando
09-10-2003, 11:11 AM
amen and hallelujah!

thats good enough for me.

I need all the speed I can get driving a corolla.

that car will easily do 150 mph... off a cliff.

lol.

ntoddalbert
09-10-2003, 11:25 AM
I think they clean the race cars so the sponsors ads can be seen?