PDA

View Full Version : Colors and other towel questions

Pages : [1] 2

imported_edschwab1
09-04-2003, 06:27 AM
Ian,

Will the detailing towels be available in other caolors besides blue? Blue is my favorite color, but different colors for different tasks helps keeps thing organized. I tried the sample towel and these really rock and are soft on both sides.

Will you be placing the window towel on autofiber?

Do you stock a small waffle weave towel?

Eric

imported_edschwab1
09-06-2003, 03:53 AM
Ian are you out there?

Eric

Nikon
09-07-2003, 12:15 AM
I`ve asked myself the same thing a number of times. His products are nice but he is slow to respond.

JimS
09-07-2003, 06:57 AM
www.pakshak.com email him for prices

imported_edschwab1
09-07-2003, 05:20 PM
JimS,

Thanks for the suggestion, I tried to but I am having a problem with paypal.

Nikon,

Did you order towels from Ian? Did were the towels delivered?

Eric

Autofiber.com
09-07-2003, 06:51 PM
Hi Eric,

Wow, I just saw your post, sorry I was slow to answer. I check my PM`s almost every day, but for the last few days I forgot to check this forum. I usually try to take the weekends off from the microfiber business. But if you email, PM, or call me, you will get a faster reply.

To answer your questions, I do stock other colors, yellow and green (I sell them mostly wholesale)...but the thing is that I don`t always have them...and everybody seems to order blue anyway, even when I sell other colors 90% of detailers order blue.

I do not plan on putting the Glass Towels on the site, I find that the Pro Detailing towels are sufficient, but that might change if I get enough requests.

I do stock the smaller waffle-weave towels (16"x27") but they are not currently available on the site. Again, I have a lot of variations of products, but I try to keep it as simple as possible on the website so that people do not have too many choices, and so that they don`t get confused (hey even I get confused with all of the variations of our products).

Ian

imported_edschwab1
09-07-2003, 08:30 PM
Ian,

Thanks for the info.

What shade of green is your green detailing towel?

Eric

stevet
09-07-2003, 10:40 PM
Ian,

Your products may be better than Pakshak but I can`t say since I didn`t receive the free towel you offered. I have sent you a PM, e mail, and called by phone several times about this and have not received a response.

I have never read anything but great reviews about Pakshak products and service and I am very pleased with the towels and service I received from Ranney.

When it comes to customer service PakShak wins BIG TIME!

imported_Aurora40
09-08-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by stevet

When it comes to customer service PakShak wins BIG TIME!

Out of curiosity, how many free towels did you get from Pakshak?

Not meant as a bash of Ranney in any way. But you are complaining about getting a free sample of something. I`d bet Ian had to send out hundreds of those things, so it isn`t surprising a few people might be missed.

Autofiber.com
09-08-2003, 01:23 PM
stevet,

I checked my records and I do not have a record of you requesting a towel. I checked through all of my emails (I keep them all), and I don`t have any from you.

I have definately never recieved a phone call from you. Granted I am not at the phone 24/7 (I am in and out of the office, and don`t have a customer service rep), but I do check the messages about 5 times a day (on the week days).

And the only PM that I have recieved from you was two days ago, on Saturday.

I work hard at customer service, and do every thing that I can to make the customer happy, and to make their interaction with me a pleasant one. Service is my number one priority. But there are just some people that you just can`t please.

It is crazy, I still have people asking me for free towel samples, and when I tell them that we are no longer offering the samples they act like I am ripping them off, and say that I have bad service. I can`t belive it....I thought I was doing something nice for this community by giving out free samples, but all I have gotten is a bad rap.

Autofiber.com
09-08-2003, 01:25 PM
Eric,

The green towel is "light green".

Ian

pcar 930
09-08-2003, 01:40 PM
Ian,

I like so many others on this board are grateful for your offer and have nothing but good things to say about your product. There will always be people who are unappreciative, but I think they are the minority. Keep up what you are doing. Nice guys don`t always have to finish last!

stevet
09-08-2003, 03:06 PM
Aurora40,

I was not complaining about not receiving the free towel. I understand that things happen and I probably was missed. My complaint is that Ian did not respond when I attempted to contact him. He says that he received no e mail from me, I sent two. I also phoned about six times and nobody answered, I left a voice mail and still no response. Maybe my e mails and voice mail were missed like my request for the free towel, but he did receive my PM and did not respond to it.

Also you asked how many free towels I got from PakShak? Answer, Zero. What I did get was very fast responses to my

e mails, phone calls, a great Autopian discount, fast shipping,

perfect packaging, and a great product.

2wheelsx2
09-08-2003, 04:02 PM
I gotta agree with Stevet here. To the best of my knowledge, nobody from Canada has gotten a sample. I have no problem with that, but there was a post a while back that said it would take longer to get the Canadian samples. It`s been 2 months, so I assume it`s not coming. I know I sent a PM....I still have the record of it. So in conclusion, I think a short post describing the problem would have been nice.

Also, if there were too many requests, then a simple post - all request filled would have stopped the request. Or to keep the volume down, he could have posted - first 100 requests get one! There are a myriad of ways to have mitigated the complaints, but as far as I know, it`s just been a black hole.

Autofiber.com
09-08-2003, 04:26 PM
Well Steve,

I don`t know what to say, I honestly never recieved an email, or a voice mail message, did you leave a call back number? (a few times I have recieved messages that had no call back number, maybe you were one of them)

And I did get your PM from Sat. and I responeded today (Monday). Is that unreasonable?

I am not trying to start an argument, but I work hard everyday at this, and to know that I am not getting someones requests, and not living up to expectations makes me kind of upset... :(

2wheelsx2,

I sent out about 30 samples to Canada, and just today 5 of them were shipped back (return to sender)...maybe yours is one of them...PM me your info so that I can reference.

Thanks,

Ian