PDA

View Full Version : P21S online in UK

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

09-03-2003, 06:54 AM
found another detailing site for UK autopians and they do a few good products, ps1s, 303 , check it, word. :D

http://www.thepolishingcompany.com/carkitspage.html

Richt
09-03-2003, 08:01 AM
ouch 40 quid for the wax!

s100 at Harley 17 quid!

09-03-2003, 08:05 AM
thought they had it on their for 29 sqiddos? again expensive, but at least there are some different products on there. worth a look anyway. Hows the car? was told you won some competition a while back?

Richt
09-03-2003, 08:10 AM
39 its up for. Not sure how much alex does it for?

Set seems reasonable for what you get.

Cars good, ist place at our natinal convention back in June, Big show this weekend, then in a national concours at Stoneleigh in Ocotober which im nervous about!

Hows yours?

Richt
09-03-2003, 08:12 AM
But only 29 in the bike section?????

09-03-2003, 08:24 AM
alexsells it for 17 quid i think. Good luck for the weekend and well done at the nationals. Mine? well still havent got round the whole car yet! spent a day just on the rear the other day, but boy is it looking fine! just got nearside to finish, then engine , then underside......could be sometime! Found anything interesting in the uk market lately? see steven left us.

Richt
09-03-2003, 08:33 AM
Nice, Thanks mate.

Sounds like u have been busy, brought myself a 205 daily driver ( 1.9 Gti, that clarkson drove on the telly) been working on that off late.

Havent brough any products of late using up the stock pile! Did a samll meguiars order yesterday, Gold class wash ( glad it comes in big sizes now) show car glaze and some tyre stuff.

Not seen anything new to try out, but have found myself using Super Resin alot again of late/

What happened to Steven, ive been busy off late havent had a chance to get on here much.

09-03-2003, 08:46 AM
ah a daily driver, funny that...it always happens...you get your EX daily driver so bloody good, that you have to buy another car cos you dont want to get it wet! Thats why im driving a 20 year old fiesta! Ive just bought some gold class, havent tried it yet, but worth a go i thought. Im a HUGE fan of super res....ive yet to find a product that beats the depth of colour and shine, although im on the lookout! steven, well he posted on here that he was "leaving" the board? not sure of the reason, i did reply...its on here somewhere, i think he thought he had enough information, which is true to a degree, i stopped posting for a while , but then you HAVE to come back for a polishing fix!

imported_vindaloo
09-03-2003, 09:01 AM
£39 for P21S is taking the mick. The 303 also looks expensive as well. If you want a good alternative to 303 you can buy Lexol Vinylex in the UK from Moss Motors for £8.95 plus cheapish p&p.

I stick with Alex for most of my stuff, great guy & good pricing. He is just about to take delivery of some Poorboys products.

09-03-2003, 09:07 AM
just posting up new sites ive found, not saying that they are any good....just trying to help us british autopians with the sad state of detailing in the UK.:wavey

Richt
09-03-2003, 09:09 AM
Has Alex got his website up yet?

Richt
09-03-2003, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by markbigears

ah a daily driver, funny that...it always happens...you get your EX daily driver so bloody good, that you have to buy another car cos you dont want to get it wet! Thats why im driving a 20 year old fiesta! Ive just bought some gold class, havent tried it yet, but worth a go i thought. Im a HUGE fan of super res....ive yet to find a product that beats the depth of colour and shine, although im on the lookout! steven, well he posted on here that he was "leaving" the board? not sure of the reason, i did reply...its on here somewhere, i think he thought he had enough information, which is true to a degree, i stopped posting for a while , but then you HAVE to come back for a polishing fix!

Its going to take in few track days so im mot getting to attached EEK!

I find supresin looks even beter over a GEPC or swirl free preped suface. I also use a glaze over the top, i now it removes the super resins protection but it looks so good, alot wetter.

Strange that steven left

09-03-2003, 09:18 AM
i use omega glaze before the resin! again it makes it darker..... and again the SRes probably removes the glaze, but it doses seem to work! You get into your old routine thats hard to break if you get results i suppose!

Richt
09-03-2003, 09:28 AM
Ive also done, megs handpolish and show car glaze before resin and had good results. if it looks good it is good is the way i play things!

iceman
09-03-2003, 10:14 AM
Hey, you UK guys got any tips to share about using Super Resin and Extra Gloss? Such as one panel at a time or whole car, wipe on/wipe off or let sit for x minutes, etc? And how many months do you feel you get out of them, if you`re not busy topping with anything else?