PDA

View Full Version : Product sequence

BCS996TT
09-01-2003, 07:15 PM
Can someone confirm if it`s ok to use these products in the following order? Im striving for minimum detailing time.

1. DACP

2. 3M PI III MG

3. S100

Does there need to be something between steps 2 and 3? I`d rather not go crazy with Klasse AIO and SG, so if there is something else that can be applied rather easily, please let me know.

Thanks!

Anthony O.
09-01-2003, 07:38 PM
How are you applying, by hand or machine? If by machine is it an orbital or a rotary?

Is the car in bad shape, lots of scratches and/or swirls/ Dead paint?

Anthony

bigpoppa
09-01-2003, 08:09 PM
I don`t know how strong PI III MG is, but I almost always follow DACP with 3M SMR to take care of any hazing, which is usually minor. The finish is then ready to wax, although I like to use PPCL before waxing, it adds just a little bit more shine.

Deanski
09-01-2003, 08:50 PM
You`re fine! If the finish is somewhat questionable, the DACP will resolve it. You COULD just wax after DACP since it polishes after cleaning when broken down.

I used close to the same on my SC430. I followed 3M PIII-MG with Menzerna-FP on a grey pad to burnish the finish. The 3M PIII-MG will leave a nice gloss and ready for wax.

If you`re skipping any clay work, you do run the risk of whatever the DACP knocks off get`s into the pad and finish ultimately. I`d really wash, dry, clay, wash again, dry again & polish. Skipping claying can be VERY risky when going to polish after just a wash.

Other than missing clay work, it looks fine!

Regards,

Deanski