PDA

View Full Version : Alternate product for rocker panels? What, am I nuts?

imported_zenhog
09-01-2003, 06:53 PM
I usually put more wax on the rocker panels than I do on any other spot on the car, since that area needs the most protection.

I was thinking... does anyone use something a lot more durable on that part of the car? I`d opt for something extremely hard on those areas if someone could recommend the hardiest product out there.

Am I off base thinking that this would be a good thing to do?

C

Deanski
09-01-2003, 07:04 PM
I can tell you firsthand. Get Armorglove on the rocker panels! Or Xpel/Stoneguard, whichever one, but get a paint protection film!!!

Prior to having it done... Make sure area is polished as good as can be, as it will be covered for years.

I have it (Armorglove) on my SC430. Front bumper/air-dam, hood, headlights, fender by headlights, rockers, side mirrors, door cups.

Best thing I did!!

You can see the hood and front bumper here: My Armorglove on SC430 (http://www.autopia.org/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=3701&papass=&sort=1)

I highlighted the edge with polish, as it is difficult to see unless you`re right over it.

Regards,

Deanski

DAC17
09-01-2003, 07:41 PM
You`re not nuts; I thought the same thing. I use Collinite on the rocker panel areas. A little more difficult to use than other products, but it will last a good long time.