PDA

View Full Version : New 2 Klasse

CleanMachine
09-01-2003, 12:33 PM
Ok I have a Red Toyota pickup. I currently have 2 layers of VM and about 6 layers of #26/S100 alternating. It looks great but I still want more. I have heard good things about Klasse AIO(i dont know much about the SG). Would AIO give me more shine. Also is there any application tips or tricks.

Thanks, Dave

MST3K
09-01-2003, 01:37 PM
AIO would strip everything off, it is a cleaner. SG would not adhere well over carnuba waxes like S100. So in your case, it will not add to what you have, the Klasse products would only have helped if you had used them underneath your existing waxes.

There are many application tips and tricks on this site, look at the Hall of Fame board for a great thread about Klasse AIO and SG application.

2000_EBP_civic
09-01-2003, 04:22 PM
try AIO + SG topped with S100

Pats300zx
09-01-2003, 06:29 PM
try AIO + SG topped with S100

Awesome combo on red. I use it on my red F150 and it looks fantastic....:bow

Gonzo
09-02-2003, 08:23 AM
I polished the hood of my 2001 red Lightning on Friday. DACP cut off the 5 coats of Souveran and got rid of about 95% of the scratches present. Then I put on a single coat of Kalsse and let it "age" overnight. Sat morning put on 3 coats of Klasse Glaze per instructions. Went out to a car show Sat evening. Hood shine got a thunbs up from the top show truck guy in our club. A little bit of spitting rain beaded up just like on the Souveran and shine under the lights looked identical.

I need to remove the remaining scratches then get 6 coats of KG on then 5 or more coats of Souveran before I`m done.

Got bummed out Sun & Mon cause it rained cats and dogs both days, so couldn`t do more......

Planning a 1500 mile road trip at the end of Sept, but by the time I get back, the cooler weather should allow me to get the rest of the truck polished scratch free and waxed a bunch before the winter.

2wheelsx2
09-02-2003, 11:48 AM
AIO certainly won`t help your shine, but several coats of SG will help to hide whatever minor swirls you have and give it a bit more shine. Like everyone else has said, AIO will remove everything on you paint, so you`ll have to start over. The good part is that you would be left with perfectly clean paint, and after several coats of SG, topped with wax, you`ll good for a looooong time.

CleanMachine
09-02-2003, 07:20 PM
Ok so right now my standard process for a standard customer car is Clay, VM and S100. How do you use the klasse twins usually......do you but on a final polish somewhere in the process or even use DACP be for AIO or does it doe the same as DACP

2wheelsx2
09-02-2003, 07:43 PM
AIO has no abrasives, but only chemical cleaners. So if you need to do swirl removal, you need something like DACP, as you suggested. The good part is that AIO cleans the oils and fillers off, and lays down a very thin coat of protection so that you won`t have problems with SG bonding.

So the procedure I normally use is:

wash/clay

DACP

AIO

SG X ? coats

Just remember that the use of a glaze or an SMR is fine before AIO, but the AIO will remove any fillers and oils, so the SMR or glaze`s job is only as a polish, and not as a proper glaze.

panapower
09-08-2003, 01:30 PM
wouldnt the AIO get rid of the DACP in your procedure that you stated above??? Just asking cause I`m a bit confused on which one goes before the other.

2wheelsx2
09-08-2003, 01:52 PM
There is nothing to get rid of in DACP. It`s not a glaze, but a polish with diminishing abrasives. But you are right, AIO is a cleaner, and is designed to remove everything down to clearcoat. But it also lays down a very very thin coat of acrylic protection so that SG can bond properly, because it has no cleaners.

AIO is the reason that users don`t have bonding issues as with Zaino users, who have to use Dawn to remove oils and fillers, as the Zaino line (to date) has no cleaners/abrasives.

panapower
09-09-2003, 10:36 AM
so basically it would be best to put down the AIO first before the DACP or the other way around?

2wheelsx2
09-09-2003, 12:30 PM
There is nothing to put down with DACP. When you are done, there`ll be only dust, and maybe a little bit of oil/filler left on the paint. You work the DACP, then apply AIO to clean the paint and prep it for SG.

LOTA OT
09-09-2003, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by PanaPower

so basically it would be best to put down the AIO first before the DACP or the other way around?

You have it backwards. Use the DACP (or any other abrasive) first to remove the swirls and other imperfections. Then use the AIO to thuroughly clean the surface (this will allow the SG to bond properly). AIO should always be the step immediately prior to SG.

Michael