PDA

View Full Version : Ruber gaskets, vinyl mouldings care

lexite
09-01-2003, 09:42 AM
Just finished working on the ext paint: dawn-wash/pinnacle-clay/GC-wash/Zymol HD Cleansing/Zymol wax.

Now I see that interior, and ext trim esp the black rubber parts, head lamps need serious attention. Any suggestions what cleaner(s) to use for these? I have lexol cleaner/conditioner for leather, I do not think it`d work on the interior vinyl and plastic parts.

SK2003TypeS
09-01-2003, 10:38 AM
I use diluted Eimann Fabrik Hi Intensity Cleaner for the dash, vinyl, interior,etc. After that I protect with 303 protectant. Keep an eye on the exterior rubber trim that`s washed with dawn. It tends to dry it out.

Get a free sample. Comes in what looks like a wet-nap.

http://www.303products.com/main.php?infopage=freesample

Accumulator
09-01-2003, 11:02 AM
I use Griot`s Rubber Cleaner to clean black rubber parts. For rubber weatherseals around doors/hood/trunk I use Wurth`s Rubber Care Gel Stick (misnomer- it`s NOT a gel OR a stick ?!? but it`s a great product). There are similar products available from EinsZett and others.

For interior surfaces, I use Griot`s Interior Cleaner (GREAT multi-purpose cleaner for the interior!), or the diluted EF HI, followed by whatever dressing I`m in the mood to use (Griot`s, Pinnacle, 303, Meg`s, whatever...).