PDA

View Full Version : I think my new P21S wax is bad

MST3K
08-31-2003, 08:45 PM
I have not used this stuff before, But when I opened it for the first time, it was VERY hard. I had to dig into it with my finger a bit to break it up. I had wet the applicator already, so I rubbed it on the broken up pieces, it got some on the applicator, then I went ahead and waxed the car. It went on as normal, left a nice haze and then I buffed it off, all seemed fine.

But I really doubt it is supposed to be like that. It looks as if it dried out. I would have expected it to be a paste, correct? Should I return it?

rstype
08-31-2003, 09:01 PM
This is normal. Most "pastes" including P21S/S100, #26, and Blitz are hard and not creamy at all. Just rub the foam applicator gently against the brick and then apply.

Myles
08-31-2003, 09:51 PM
BW is right.

This is normal. Most great paste waxes are really hard, but try this, rub your finger in circles over the top of the wax. It will start to slightly melt. This is what will happen when you get your applicator on there. You also use less wax than with a liquid.

MetalSludge
09-01-2003, 11:08 AM
Thanks for stating this. I just ordered my first batch of P21S paste wax and I probably would have sent it back when I seen it was hard and then I would have looked like idiot.

Wow I just admitted my ignorance here. Maybe no one will read this....hehe

MST3K
09-01-2003, 11:48 AM
Thanks for the help! I only wish I had asked BEFORE I stuck my finger in it and messed it up!!

http://home.comcast.net/~amaglione3/105-0567_IMG.JPG

http://home.comcast.net/~amaglione3/105-0568_IMG.JPG

PakShak
09-01-2003, 12:42 PM
Hi MST3K,

Yes, that is normal. I can`t resist but I have to ask. When you say you, "It went on as normal, left a nice haze and then I buffed it off, all seemed fine."

Are you applying the P21S on the whole car before you buff it off? The reason I`m asking is that both P21S and S100 paste waxes are not meant to be left on like other paste waxes to haze.

I would recommend the "as you go" approach when using the P21S paste wax. So apply the P21S then immediately buff off. You don`t need it to haze. Just remember, wax on and wax off. Work each panel (hood, roof, trunk, and doors) at a time.

With Aloha,

Ranney :)

MST3K
09-01-2003, 12:52 PM
I applied it to a few panels at a time, then went back and buffed them off. For example I believe I did the Hood, Roof, and one front fender, then went back to the hood and buffed off in order. I was kinda on a roll and I remember thinking: oops, I`d better stop now and start buffing that off! Plus I was concerned through the whole thing because at that time I didn`t even know if it was ok to put it on as hard as it was. In hindsight it does make it easier not to apply too much when it`s solid. Only wish I hadn`t wasted a little playing with it (see pics). My only experience with waxes was stuff like Turtle Wax and the like, and mostly liquids.