PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar`s Final Detail Impression

raugusta
08-30-2003, 01:53 AM
Finally got my final detail today.... I paid $17 including tax. I used it right away on my audi and really happy with the result! It`s definitely the slickest and shiniest (sp?) quick detailer I`ve ever used.....

I don`t take any pics since I think the difference in shine won`t be visible in the pic anyway.....

It`s also really cheap if you compare with other qd`s in the market....

Bill D
08-30-2003, 08:57 AM
I want to try too but need to go through my gallon of FI first. Is your car dark colored?

raugusta
08-30-2003, 12:27 PM
yes....it`s metallic black...

here`s a pic from a while ago (haven`t used FD on it)

http://www.sit.wisc.edu/~raugusta/autodetail/A4/audi1.jpg

SlvrChrm03Max
08-30-2003, 03:31 PM
Very nice ! :up

thom
08-30-2003, 09:02 PM
where do you get this final detail.can you post a link,I went to meg web site an product could not be found.

frankie
08-30-2003, 09:11 PM
imo from trying so m any final detail is the best detailer on the market and best price

Maxtorque02
08-30-2003, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by thom

where do you get this fial detail.can you post a link,I went to meg web site an product could not be found.

For some reason Final Detail is very hard to find in stock. I went to an Auto Body Paint and Supply store in my city and they ordered it from the local warehouse distributor. I was charged $16.30/gallon and it will be at the store on Tuesday. Look in the phone book under Auto Body Supply stores and make some calls. I bet you`ll find someone who can order it for you and save you the shipping cost from one of the websites and also get it quicker. Good luck:D

frankie
08-31-2003, 11:35 AM
yes you local auto body should have it

Douxebris
08-31-2003, 12:34 PM
How does the shine compare to Final Inspection? For that matter, does Final Detail contain silicone or wax (I use Final Inspection on my Klasse finish, because it doesn`t contain either).

Thanks

Jeff Laughhunn

Bill D
08-31-2003, 04:19 PM
I do the same. I have my Meg`s pro catalog here and it says FD is not body shop safe No mention if it contains silicone r wax but I bet it contains silicone because it isn`t body shop safe, ( but makes a great shine)

vmunoz
08-31-2003, 05:56 PM
Yeah, I`m pretty sure it contains silicone to.

I think that`s what makes it give such a glossy appearance.

V....

Douxebris
08-31-2003, 06:10 PM
Thanks for the information. While I may get some to use over a carnauba, I won`t put this over my Klasse finishes.

Jeff laughhunn

imported_Aurora40
09-01-2003, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Jeff Laughhunn

Thanks for the information. While I may get some to use over a carnauba, I won`t put this over my Klasse finishes.

Jeff laughhunn

I don`t see how it would hurt your Klasse. If you are going to add another layer, just wash the car first (a good idea anyway). It isn`t like FD is some super durable QD that will cling to your Klasse...