PDA

View Full Version : Glaze and Liquid Glass

johnnygee3
08-29-2003, 06:27 PM
I have several coats of Liquid Glass on My 03 Mazda 6.At the near bottom of my second can.I have some Meguiars Mirroe Glaze,Show Car Glaze No. 7 Can I put this on top of the L.G.? Will they work together,so to speak? The L. G. is a polish and Meguiars says its "pure Polish". Why do they call it a glaze when it supposedly just polish? All help would be appreciated. Thank you all:nixweiss :nixweiss

imported_BretFraz
08-29-2003, 07:09 PM
Glazes are products designed to fill in light swirls and scratches. Think of them as makeup for your paint. They have no protective ability so they must be topped with wax.

LG is a sealant with light cleaning ability. It`s called a "polish" because its not a wax-based product. The terminology in this industry is all screwed up so don`t feel bad about getting confused.

I would not top LG with glaze. There`s no real benefit to it and the glaze won`t offer protection as I mentioned. If you like the LG ya might as well get another bottle unless you`re looking to change up products.

Hope this helps. Post a pic of your 6 if you get a chance. We haven`t seen too many nicely detailed ones around here.