PDA

View Full Version : Am I doing something wrong with my Blitz Wax?

weegee
08-29-2003, 01:04 PM
I love the shine. I love the durability. I love how easy it goes on and comes off.

Here`s what I hate: About 1-2 days after I apply Blitz, it starts to haze. I`m afraid to rebuff, because there may be some grit, so the only way around it is to rewash and dry, which usually takes care of the problem.

I`ve tried everything. After the initial buff, I`ll wait a couple of hours to cure and then rebuff. I`ve even waited a day and rebuffed (before I`ve done any driving). This last time, I tried using QD as well in the rebuffing process because I heard it might be trapped moisture, even though I live in LA, a pretty dry climate.

I really don`t want to rewash my car every time I wax.

Is this a common problem or am I cursed. BTW, I also heard it`s a German paint thing. So I guess there`s no way around that.

Pandora
08-29-2003, 02:31 PM
I`ve found that if I let it set for a little longer, I don`t have this problem. The funny thing is that my old Miata was the worst at showing this, but the BMW and Audi both have no problem with it. So don`t listen to Larry, I assume that`s where the "German" thing came from, no?

You might also try putting it on a little thinner, I use a foam applicator and try to put it on very thin and even, then let it set for at least twenty minutes. Of course, I have about half an inch of 1k left, and then it`s time to break out the new S100 and see what all the fuss is about!

ben

JasonC8301
08-29-2003, 02:34 PM
It shouldn`t be a german paint problem, the only thing is reacts with german paint are certain polymers (Gold Class`s polymers seem to cloud the BMW finish *I* work on the #26 clouds it VERY little bit its there, you have to look for it.

Looks like you tried a lot of things. I was going to suggest a re-wash but seems liek you already done that.

There is maybe one last thing. I assume you have a garage in LA.

Apply Blitz and remove as usual (I apply it with a dry applicator, then let it haze or dry for an hour then buff, comes off like dust) then move the car into LA`s sun for 30 minutes or so to get the paint finish warm to the touch. Then take it back into the garage and Qd the car with cold/ice water in a bottle.

If that doesn`t work, then I wouldn`t know what to suggest, seems liek you tried a lot of different methods. Ever try P21S/S100 wax or Pinnacle Souveran paste?

Jason

weegee
08-29-2003, 02:42 PM
this forum rocks.

I actually considered doing the park in the sun for a little bit. That was the next step. In all likelihood, if that doesn`t work, I`m going to tough it out over the next few months while I use up the tin and then try the S1000 wax. From what I hear, absolutely brilliant, although not as durable. No problem there because I actually enjoy working on the car. Considering I`ve spent about $500 in products over the past few months, I want to make sure I use them up before moving on.

Yep, the German thing did come from Larry. Great advice nonetheless in all other aspects.

Well, here`s to a perfect shine on the Audi! The search never ends. Cheers.

Spilchy
08-29-2003, 03:56 PM
I have a VW Jetta and use Blitz with zero issues. So I doubt its a German thing.

Like Jason, I use a thin coat and let sit for a while and then wipe off. Comes off like dust. I don`t do the park the car in the sun thing.

I top with P21s carnuba.

However, I notice that after a couple rain falls, my black trim in certain areas is stained white and I know it`s not from the P21s.

imported_vindaloo
09-01-2003, 05:57 AM
I switched from OG to P21S because:-

1. OG leaves white residue on black trim

2. Lots of white powder everywhere when buffing off.

I find P21S the easiest ever to apply & remove

pancho1984
09-02-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by weegee

I love the shine. I love the durability. I love how easy it goes on and comes off.

weegee, once you`ve tried S100/P21s, you`ll have a better appreciation for your last sentence there. I too was a fan of Blitz but once I tried S100, I knew that I would not go back. S100 is much easier to apply and since there is no long curing time, the job can be done much quicker. And no stain left on trim.

weegee
09-02-2003, 04:25 PM
cha ching, cha ching. more money being spent.

Okay, so in addition to waffle weave, I now need to buy S1000. Are we all agreed that S1000 = P21S or is that up for debate as well. Might as well go all out at this point.

Spilchy
09-02-2003, 07:03 PM
s100 = P21s no debate.

I like the Blitz too, but you trade off with either wax.

s100 - lack of longevity but won`t stain trim and gives KILLER results.

Blitz - longevity with great, satisfying lasting results, but stains trim.

I use s100 monthly as a topper.

It`s worth the money 100 times over and isn`t too, too expensive. Plus, like the Blitz, you should get many wax jobs out of the jar.

Oh, and yes, get those waffle weaves!!!!

weegee
09-02-2003, 07:13 PM
great pic, Mr. Furly... LOL

go with Pakshak on the Waffle?

Lowejackson
09-05-2003, 11:50 AM
Apply Blitz using a thin coating, once this has hazed you can buff or you can apply another application. This is not a true additional layer but it does increase the shine a bit.

Blitz may not be as fashionable as it was a few years ago but it is still a good wax and it lasts a long time.

Steven

Spilchy
09-05-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by weegee

great pic, Mr. Furly... LOL

go with Pakshak on the Waffle?

You gotta love Furley!

I have loads of pakshak MF`s but not his waffles (that sounds funny!). I`m sure they are excellent as are his MF`s. I have the Cobra waffles from autogeek.net. Very good.

imported_ron
09-06-2003, 03:44 AM
I have used Blitz wax for a few years with out problems, except keeping it off trim, I tape off my trim. It gives a nice deep shine on my 93 VW Corrado. One other thing I like about it is that it looks and feels like a can of car wax! P21s is also a wax I like and use, but that small container and powder puff applicator make me feel like I am getting ready to powder me cheeks.