PDA

View Full Version : Hi temp

frankie
08-28-2003, 03:12 PM
anybody here use hi temp products like there lite cut polish and wet look tire dressing, they look like they have many different items in there line. any good?

Ryan
08-28-2003, 03:29 PM
I ve tried light cut and boat wash and wax. It a good product but, my personal preference is to use it on light cars only. While it works well by getting rid of swirls, it also leaves me wanting more shine. I would try and follow it with a good glaze and wax. THe boat wax really works well on dirty boats. It took me no time to clean a 37` Sea Ray.

Oh, and pwer prep which is the next step up in aggressiveness, I don`t like.

Ryan

Robb
08-28-2003, 03:44 PM
I really like the Light Cut, i have a white car, and for me it is an amazing product, especially for the price, i would rank it miles ahead of meguiars # 9 which is the same type of product.

Anthony O.
08-28-2003, 06:54 PM
Light Cut, unlike Meguiars #9, is not a filler. Light Cut can be used by hand, with an orbital, but it really comes to life when used with a rotary at about 1500 RPM`s.

Here is a car I did today with Light Cut, Vanilla Moose and then topped with Pizzazz Carnauba.

Side shot

Anthony O.
08-28-2003, 06:56 PM
Hood shot

frankie
08-28-2003, 07:07 PM
is the hi temp tire dressing a really wet look?

Anthony O.
08-28-2003, 07:27 PM
The Grape tire dressing leaves a very wet shine. To wet and shiny for my likes. It smells great, like an intense grape soda pop so never leave it around small kids!!

It also lasts a good while but it can also attract road grime because it stays wet for a long time.

Anthony

frankie
08-28-2003, 08:18 PM
i think they have a tire dressing called "wet look" also is that low-medium gloss?

Anthony O.
08-28-2003, 10:17 PM
I don`t know of any dressing made by Hi-Temp with that name. They have the Grape, Premium and a water based dressing.

If you are looking for a low to medium "sheen" then use the water based dressing. I forget the name but call Irene at Top of the Line www.topoftheline.com and ask her about it.

Anthony

frankie
08-29-2003, 10:12 AM
ok i will

if you go to there site they have a dressing called "wet look" comes in all different sizes

frankie
08-29-2003, 10:14 AM
i belive the premium you are referring to they also call "wet look" tires dressing, it comes in many sizes

so whats glossier the premium or the grape tire dressing

there both solvent based?

Anthony O.
08-29-2003, 08:24 PM
I do believe that they are both solvent based and the Grape has the more "wet" look of the two.

Anthony