PDA

View Full Version : Zaino and some blue

SK2003TypeS
08-27-2003, 07:30 PM
I have to learn how to take pictures...or maybe a better camera than my wimpy 2.1 mp.

1) Washed with some Mother`s Cali Gold (left car wet).

2) Used Pinnacle Clay (1/3 of a bar) and Lube.

3) Washed again with Mother`s and dried the car.

4) Used Pinnacle Paint Cleaning Lotion with a white polishing pad (7.5" LC) and the PC (3 1/2 - 4).

5) Buffed with ...sparkle sparkle...wow, they were right, I am liking this PC dealie. Took a break. Did a few more spots where it needed it. I had some light water spots on the hood so I had to make a few passes over it before they were gone.

6) Washed with some Dawn and then followed with Z7.

Dry, dry, dry.

7) Used Z5/ZFX (old batch) with black finishing pad (7.5" LC) and PC (3 1/2 - 4). Took a break.

Buff, buff, buff. Wow, I thought I was good at thin coats. The PC made it thinner!

8) Used Z2/ZFX (yes, old batch) with black finishing pad (7.5" LC) and PC (3 1/2 - 4).

took a break. Washed license plate (poor bugs).

Buff, buff, buff....hey my arm hairs are rising !!

9) Used Z2/ZFX (yes, old batch) with black finishing pad (7.5" LC) and PC (3 1/2 - 4).

Family member yells: "How can you see anything !?!?!"

Me: "huh ? what time is it ? Oh, that`s why the sun isn`t out."

Buff, buff, buff.

.....Of course I Z6`d between coats, what are you talking about ?!?!?

No carnuba topper just yet...gotta lay down some more Zzzzzz.

Comments ? Snickers ? Flames ?....

Deanski
08-27-2003, 09:41 PM
F`ing A that`s nice! Really nice job!:xyxthumbs

Wait till you keep adding layers! More gloss/wet look!!

Z6 goes quick, so in between applying Zaino, I use some Megs FI for QD work.

I tried a wax on one panel, no big deal, so I got rid of it and kept using Zaino. Hey, some like it so why not give it a try I thought.

I did the 3M PIII-MG followed by Glue-Zerna... oh sorry, Menzerna-FP with the black pad as I wanted the FP to burnish the finish. WOW, did that work well! PITA to remove it (hence "Glue-Zerna), but still really nice! So, it was off to wash all the oils off, wash again and dry. Did ZFX/Z5 (new version) streaked a bit, but mixed 1/2 cap with 12 oz distilled water, spray, streak gone! Continued the Z5/Z6 for 3 coats. Next day, ZFX/Z2 with Z6 between coats.

All final wiping was done with an Autopia "CBT" and a DFTowel.

See my sig below for my Zaino`d SC430!

What the hell, give the S100 a try. If you don`t like it, remove it and continue with Zaino, as you did a very nice job.

Can`t wait to see any further pics! Maybe borrow a better camara if you can, if not, no big deal... still looks sweet!

Regards,

Deanski

SK2003TypeS
08-28-2003, 10:01 AM
Thanx for the compliment. I took like 50 pics and that was one of the better ones....how sad. :(

I`d like to do a few more coats this weekend, but it looks like rain. Z6 has been holding up for me. I`ve been thinking of getting some Megs FI to use for QD since it`s like half the price. I QD a little like David recommends. I don`t "dunk" my MF towel into water. Instead, I spray it with water so it`s damp, go over the car just to get any dust. After that I use a different Z6 and another MF.

Interesting note about the Glue-zerna....hehe. I`m probably going to pick some up one of these days. So I`ll keep that in mind. When you say "Z5/Z6", did you do it without the ZFX ?

See your sig ? I`ve seen it....many times. It kicks A$$ !!! :bow :bow :bow

I`m going to keep layering Zaino before applying any carnuba. The car is a Daily driver. It made it through last winter because it slept in my neighboor`s garage and I still had my POS to drive on those harsh days. That clunker is now gone. So my game plan heading into fall is to keep layering Zaino because I`m doing it more for the protection than the appearance. Not that I don`t love the look, it`s been snapping necks all week. :xyxthumbs

SK2003TypeS
08-29-2003, 04:40 PM
another pic

SK2003TypeS
08-29-2003, 04:41 PM
and another

Deanski
08-29-2003, 06:30 PM
Oh yea, very nice!

I did use ZFX/Z5 with ALL Zaino applications as I hate to wait and it adds to the protection.

Yes, I still use Megs FI for most QD work, then Z6 when I need to really make it wet looking. Going through Z6 like crazy!

Keep adding, it only gets better!

Regards,

Deanski