PDA

View Full Version : Thank You, DC!!!

Pages : [1] 2

norahcrv
08-29-2004, 02:42 PM
I`ve been a member for 5 months, and I have to tell you the neatest thing about the Megs clinic I attended yesterday.

When I first walked into a room full of @ 65 men & only one other woman(with her husband), I got the feeling that they all wondered just what I was doing there - "She`s a woman, what does she know about detailing? etc."

But as the class progressed & I was able to ask "intelligent" questions & give good responses to those asked, I could see their views change & by the end, some were even asking me my opinions!

THANK YOU, DC!!!! for all that you have taught me over the last 5 months!!!! You have been the "sharingest", funnest & most supportive forum & I feel like many of you are my friends!!

Thanks again,

Norah

:cool

rabbi
08-29-2004, 02:44 PM
Have you got your Visa/creditcard number memorized yet?:lmfao. Btw you are welcome. Also you are a great addition to the "City".

norahcrv
08-29-2004, 02:47 PM
No, but I keep one close by the computer for easy access!!!

Woob
08-29-2004, 03:43 PM
1/2 way till I know my number. That isn`t good. Norah I don`t think you will be happy in a few months after you realize how much u`ve spent.

The Fuzz
08-29-2004, 04:10 PM
I don`t need credit cards. I get by on my good looks. :fuzz :naughty

Its always nice to have our female members say that they feel welcome. DC is great in the sense that its really not a sexist board. We are all friends here no matter where we are from or who we are. If you are a lady then you get a few extra points in my book, but some of the fellas here are smooth too. :naughty (they have me to thank for that, no doubt)

jaybs02
08-29-2004, 04:53 PM
Norah,
How was the Meg`s clinic?
And hopefully brought back some good tips to share

Boss_429
08-29-2004, 05:57 PM
norahcrv,

That`s great to hear about the clinic!

There is certainly no reason why a woman can`t be a great detailer! We have some fine lady detailers here at DC. For example, I`m very, very, very finicky about my vehicles, and wouldn`t let very many people touch them when it comes to detailing. However, if our Marj (awd300) every needs a test vehicle, she`s more than welcome to have a go at my F150 SuperCrew! :bigups

awd330
08-29-2004, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Boss_429
norahcrv,

That`s great to hear about the clinic!

There is certainly no reason why a woman can`t be a great detailer! We have some fine lady detailers here at DC. For example, I`m very, very, very finicky about my vehicles, and wouldn`t let very many people touch them when it comes to detailing. However, if our Marj (awd300) every needs a test vehicle, she`s more than welcome to have a go at my F150 SuperCrew! :bigups
Why, thank you Boss! I just happen to have some new rotary pads I`ve been dying to try out. :bigscream ................... Hmmm. Maybe I`d better do a little more practicing on some beaters before I take on your truck. :D

To share an experience similar to Norah`s, I attended a BMW sponsored beginner`s autocross class a few days ago. It was a short 2 hour course with some classroom instruction and several laps of "track time" with a professional road racer as the co-pilot. I had a blast, but I looked about as out of place as Norah did in her class. 47 students, 5 women (2 were there because their husbands wanted to go). About one third of the teaching staff was made up of women, so BMW did a good job of fostering a warm atmosphere for all attendees. :bigups

keeotee
08-29-2004, 07:08 PM
Absolutely this place is for women too.

I second Boss`s opinion concerning Marj. When she speaks - I listen and closely too!

Would love to hear more about the clinic.

CharlesW
08-29-2004, 07:11 PM
:wait :wait
This can`t be.
I just read a post by Detail Girl over at Autopia where she said that DC always picks on the girls. :D

Charles

rabbi
08-29-2004, 07:14 PM
We know that isn`t true. Ask The Whaler. No one gets picked on more than this Sand Stud! Not to steal a thread but to continue what Kee said. Marj is one on my main go to`s when I need a go to. She hasn`t steered me wrong yet! Thanx Marj!:bigups

Woob
08-29-2004, 07:34 PM
awd330 How was driving? The BMW programs are really good, but a dent in the wallet.

awd330
08-29-2004, 08:22 PM
Wow, my head is going to get sooooooo big that my neck muscles won`t be able to hold it upright anymore. Then, how will I be able to detail? :dunno :-p

Woob - The BMW autocross class I attended was free of charge. They have more comprehensive classes for $$$, but I went to the freebie one.

norahcrv
08-29-2004, 08:56 PM
I think DG has her own agenda, and it didn`t mesh with the goals of DC.

I`ve not felt "picked on" here at DC in anything other than a friendly, teasing sort of way.

So, phooey on her!! DC rocks!!!

Norah

The Fuzz
08-29-2004, 09:42 PM
Whoever said that DetailGirl was a female? Would The Fuzz ban a lady? Well... maybe I would, but DetailGirl was no lady. :naughty Detail City doesn`t care if you are a lady or a guy. Detailers are all the same kind of animal as far as I am concerned.