PDA

View Full Version : Claybar difference on a white car

LDPaul
08-26-2003, 07:57 PM
Washed car with dawn and then claybar. This car was really bad. It took 3 hours to claybar. Here is a shot during the process. You can really tell the difference.

LDPaul
08-26-2003, 08:08 PM
I have to finish the car tomorrow since it started to rain and I had to work my night job.

Jngrbrdman
08-26-2003, 09:39 PM
wow!! That really is a difference!!

Claying a white car really does help. I did a white Explorer today that looked sooooo much better after clay and AIO. White doesn`t show dirt as much and as a result I don`t think people wash it as much. Well, people other than me. :D Anyway, after awhile the white gets all dingy and kind of grey looking. IFO leaves little rust dots and after some time without really taking care of the surface it can really start to look like crap. Claying a white car that hasn`t been clayed before would make an impressive difference just in the absense of IFO dots alone. Break out the AIO and you will be blinded by the shine!

That is great car you`ve got there. Very nice. :bigups

Scottwax
08-26-2003, 09:45 PM
I clayed a white Acura Legend today (actually, pearl white), and it also made a noticable difference. The lady who owns it works for a construction company, so gunk is always floating around in the air.

The car looked great once I had clayed it and polished it with Vanilla Moose....then lightning crashed, thunder boomed and the sky opened up. Soonest I can finish the car is on Sunday, but all I`ll have to do it rewash it, wax it, clean the windows and dress the tires. Already had the whole interior cleaned.

LDPaul
08-26-2003, 11:04 PM
Scott, the same thing happend with me on the thunder and lighting. I will finish the car tomorrow with a wash, wax and normal finishup in the afternoon after some sleep. We sure needed the rain!

Scottwax
08-28-2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by rlspringer

We sure needed the rain!

Maybe, but as far as I am concerned, it should only be allowed to rain on Sunday nights, maybe from around 11PM to 3AM. 3/4s of an inch each Sunday night will give us are normal amount of rainfall and it won`t interfere with my business, nor will the cars get slimed by road film when it rains because their cars will be safely tucked inside their garage.

Anyway, with pollen, tree sap, bug guts and sprinklers, cars will still get dirty enough.

CleanMachine
08-29-2003, 01:26 PM
It seems like every white vehicle I detail takes forever when claying. Its like there are tons of little specks on the paint. Are there any tips or tricks that can speed up the process.

Scottwax
08-29-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by CleanMachine

It seems like every white vehicle I detail takes forever when claying. Its like there are tons of little specks on the paint. Are there any tips or tricks that can speed up the process.

I`ve found that in the case of small tar specks, Greased Lightning Orange Blast works well. Just make sure you immediately wash the area down and polish to make sure you remove all traces. You will definitely need to rewax because GLOB will remove all wax. I use it as my `nuclear` solution when anything else will just take too much time.

imported_saleen4971
09-02-2003, 05:18 PM
my jeep has 10 year old white paint, never been clayed before, shodul i expect the same or better results?

chris0626
09-02-2003, 10:25 PM
saleen4971, expect to be blown away! -- especially if you follow all the tips offered here about how to clay properly! :up (I know it made a huge difference on my white car, even though I thought the paint had been pampered to the max!)