PDA

View Full Version : medallion removes tar and tree sap with ease

hondaguy2582
08-26-2003, 06:31 PM
well, i detailed a silver honda accord today that was in excellent condition being garaged and all. Clay glided on with ease, but it had some tar spots and tree sap that the clay could not touch. What i ended up doing was trying some medallion premium paint cleaner on the spots and sure enough, the tar and tree sap(real hard tree sap too) came off with ease. i already knew it was a great paint cleaner, but its excellent for spots that can`t be touched by clay. I guess bug and tar remover would be good also, but i am all out at the moment.

hondaguy2582
08-26-2003, 06:33 PM
besides the medallion on spots, i used mothers clay, #20, and #16. In detail that would be: wash, clay, wash, #20 with white cma pad and pc, and #16.

George Wax
08-26-2003, 07:17 PM
Does not surprise me Medallion Premium Paint Cleaner has a lot of paint solvent in it...It is more of a chemical cleaner that works excellent on oxidation....I cannot really think of another better paint cleaner in the Meguiar`s line up that work`s so well by hand like Medalllion Premium paint cleaner..M-97-16..is the part number..Work`s really well, with a d.a. also..Also very good at removing paint transfer...

Scottwax
08-26-2003, 09:26 PM
I use Moose Wax for the same thing when doing straight wash jobs. That way I can remove the tar without having to separately rewax. Usually any cleaner wax or polish with solvents in them will work well, plus they save your clay bar from getting filled with little blobs of tar.

I`ve used Medallion Paint Cleaner a few times, decent product.